Have you had a chance to use your coupon for great savings on OJ and grapefruit? If not—you can still load and use your coupon. Just head over to the Publix Digital coupon site then head in to Publix…grab your goodies and enjoy!
We know that OJ and grapefruit are incredible on their own but when you pair them together in a recipe you get something amazing. Last week I shared a fabulous recipe and I have another one that I am sharing today. This one is just as easy and would be perfect for a quick meal on a busy weeknight. It’s packed with a punch of flavor but it easy on the waistline so you can feel good about serving it to your family. Today’s recipe is Florida Citrus Chicken Lettuce Cups.
This one is fun for the kids because they get to “play” with their food. My boys always like it when they get to use their hands so these lettuce cups let them stuff and roll – no fork is really needed!
I think you’ll love how the citrus and chicken pair together so beautifully. I like to make extra so that I can have it for lunch throughout the week. I just shred the chicken and pop it in the fridge. I can have Lettuce Cups put together in just minutes. Load your coupon and give this recipe a try then let me know what you think!
- Buy One (1) Florida Orange Juice (59 oz or larger) and save $1.00 when you buy a 5lb. Bag of Florida Grapefruit.
Remember every glass of Florida Orange Juice has the Amazing 5: taste, vitamin C, potassium, folate and no added sugar. One 8-ounce glass of Florida Orange Juice is a quick and easy way to get a serving of fruit and nutrients when on the go. No struggling to get your nutrition…that one glass provides a substantial number of nutrients per calorie, including vitamin C, potassium and folate!
Plus Florida Grapefruit is one of the most nutrient dense fruits per calorie. It’s high in vitamin C and vitamin A, while also delivering folate, potassium, and calcium. Florida Grapefruit is free from fat, cholesterol and sodium – making it a great addition to any diet or weight loss plan.
- 1 cup Florida orange juice, divided
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups water
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Florida grapefruit, segmented
- In a small pot over medium heat, add 1/2 cup of the orange juice to 2 cups of water, bring to a simmer and poach the chicken breast. Cool and shred with a fork.
- Separate leaves from the Bibb lettuce, laying 2 lettuce leaf cups onto each plate.
- Place an equal amount of chicken in each lettuce leaf cup.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and vinegar with the remaining orange juice, green onions and grapefruit segments. Spoon equal amounts of the vinaigrette over each lettuce cup. Wrap lettuce leaf around chicken mixture and eat by hand.
Be sure to try the recipe for Florida Grapefruit And Smoked Salmon Tower With Pickled Red Onions. It’s also quick and delicious.
For recipes and more information on the health benefits of Florida Orange Juice, visit FloridaJuice.com. Also, you can find recipes and learn more about the health benefits of Florida Grapefruit by visiting GoFloridaGrapefruit.com.
This post is brought to you by the Florida Department of Citrus. All comments and opinions are my own.