Did you stock up on Mrs. Paul’s Fish Fillets in the Publix BOGO sale? You know these are great for a quick and easy diner. Pair them with a side salad or a steamed vegetable and you have dinner on the table in 30 minutes. Well I thought I’d give you a recipe option that is still just as quick but gives you a meal packed with big flavors – Garlic Herb Cod with Asian Slaw.
You know Mrs. Paul’s Flavor Crusted Fillets are made from 100% Real Fish Fillets that are lightly coated with flavorful combination of panko crust & blend of flavorful seasonings. So half the recipe is already done for you. You simply pop them in your oven and let them bake – that’s it!
While your fish is baking you make your quick and easy slaw. If you want to save some time, you can even buy bagged slaw that has been cut for you. I told you it was easy!
Besides being easy and delicious, it’s also a better for you meal. Look at all those veggies that you’ll be packing in your family along with that big serving of protein from the fish! This will beat a stroll through the drive thru any day!
- 4 Mrs, Paul’s Garlic Herb Cod Fillets cooked according to package
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (green and red – or both)
- 3/4 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt & pepper, if desired
- Combine all the veggies in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix the oils, vinegar, sugar, chicken base and soy sauce in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified – about 1 minute.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and top with the toasted sesame seeds and toasted almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Chop the fish into bite sized pieces and serve over the slaw.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. If you come up with something tasty using Mrs. Paul’s Flavor Crusted Fillets why not share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest using #gofishtonight.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Pinnacle Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.