You know that my guys love a good casserole. I’m a fan as well because there’s nothing better than a one dish wonder…especially on a busy weeknight!
I have a great recipe to share today – Sloppy Joe Biscuit Casserole. It’s a super simple dish to prepare and has meat, veggies and bread all in one dish. It took me less than 10 minute to prep and then about 12 minutes in the oven. Yep–dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
My guys all loved it and it’s super budget friendly too. You can see by the ingredient list below that it’s all normal food that most of us keep on hand. You get the delicious taste of Manwich kicked up a notch! I think it’s also a nice presentation. My boys were very impressed that the bread was baked on top of the casserole. I didn’t bother to tell them that it was crazy simple. I don’t mind them thinking that I am a cool mom–tee hee!
Be sure to grab your Manwich while we have a sale. The cans are on sale in the current Advantage Buy Flyer AND there’s a matching Publix coupon that will get you a nice discount!
Manwich, 15 to 16 oz, 4/$5
-$0.75 off Publix Hamburger Buns, 8 ct or larger, wyb Any (2) Manwich, 15 to 24 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Super Sunday” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 1/31 to 2/20)
Great deal…get two easy meals at a great price!
Once you have your Manwich, give this recipe a try and then let me know what you think. Don’t forget to whip up some Sloppy Joe’s Tacos too. It’s another super easy recipe that your crew will love!
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz each) Van Camp’s® Pork and Beans
- 1 pkg (7.5 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough (10 small biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook and stir beef in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink; drain. Add all frozen vegetables. Cover; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thawed. Stir in remaining ingredients, except dough. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour into baking dish.
- Meanwhile, remove biscuit dough from package. Cut each biscuit in half crosswise. Place cut side down over hot mixture around edge of baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.
This post is brought to you by the folks at ConAgra.