This is one of my all time favorite meals to grill up – BBQ Bacon Chicken Bombs.
These are so good and really easy to make. I found this recipe on Pinterest a while back and was making them with the jalapeño half per the recipe. After a few attempts, I found that chopping the jalapeño you could get better jalapeño and cheese stuffing coverage over the whole piece of chicken.
I know you guys have to wonder “what else can she stuff into chicken???”…believe it or not I could probably do a whole month worth of stuffed chicken recipes.
You definitely need to try this one but then if you need more stuffed chicken recipes, give these recipes a try – Pizza Stuffed Chicken, Chicken Kiev, Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups, Stuffed Chicken Thighs with Gravy, Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Blue Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.
- 1 - ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or fillets (about 3 breasts or 6 filets)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 3 - 4 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 18 - 20 slices of bacon
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- If using chicken breasts, cut them lengthwise into thin filets.
- Pound the chicken between parchment paper until about ½ inch thin.
- Mix the cheese, cream cheese and chopped jalapeño.
- Spread the mixture over the chicken.
- Starting from the short end roll the chicken tightly.
- Wrap each chicken roll with 2 -3 slices of bacon. Be sure to alternate each strip to cover the whole piece of chicken and tuck the ends under the side of the bacon strip.
- Heat your grill to medium (about 375º) and grill the chicken over indirect heat for about 16 minutes, turning every 4 minutes.
- Baste each chicken roll with barbecue sauce and cook an additional 10 - 12 minutes, turning every 4 minutes and basting as you go.
- Be sure chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken with Pineapple, Corn & Rice
- Publix Super Meals – Loaded Potato Soup
- Black Bean Tortilla Pie Recipe