This is a super easy recipe that my whole family loves. I usually serve this with a big side of lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and guacamole. My husband adds sour cream and we have a very filling meal that is super quick and easy to throw together.
I like this recipe to throw together when I am craving Mexican food but don’t have tortillas. This one uses baking mix to make a great casserole. I have a recipe I call Mexican Lasagna that I will share another time. You guys know I love Mexican food so I have plenty of recipes up my sleeve ;-)
This meal is part of the Publix Menu For Week Starting 5/1 (4/30 For Some). Here are the other recipes I have shared this week:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 small can of chopped green chilies.
- ½ cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cook ground beef and chopped onion in a skillet over medium high heat until beef is browned.
- Add spices and water and mix.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the water cooks out.
- Spray a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Spread the beef mixture into the pie pan.
- Top with chopped green chilies.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs, milk and Bisquick until combined.
- Pour over the beef and chilies.
- Bake in a 400º F oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and return to oven and cook for 8 - 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice and serve with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream or your favorite toppings.
Breakstone’s Sour Cream, All Natural, Reduced Fat or Fat Free, 16 oz, BOGO $2.59
Bisquick 85¢ (deal HERE)
Cabot Cheese Bar, Assorted Varieties, 6 or 8 oz pkg, 2/$5 ($4 after coupon)
Plum Tomatoes, $1.29/lb
Fresh Express Lettuce Shreds, 8 oz, BOGO $1.99
This one will be less than $6 since we have already bought most of the ingredients for other recipes this week!