Seriously this recipe is so simple and super tasty! I like to use chicken tenderloins but you could easily use boneless skinless chicken breast or even cut those into smaller strips for the same effect. It’s the sauce that makes this recipe great. You don’t need a ton of ingredients and this recipe cooks up in under 30 minutes.
I usually whip up some mashed potatoes as that sauce is fantastic with potatoes but you could also serve it up over rice too. Add in a veggie and dinner is done without a lot of fuss.
This meal is part of the Publix Menu For Week Starting 5/1 (4/30 For Some). Here are the other recipes I have shared this week:
- Tomato & Sausage Pasta Al Forno
- Southwest Crockpot Chicken (Easy Chicken Quesadillas)
- Taco Pie – Easy And Delicious!
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin (or chicken breast)
- ½ cup + 1½ tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- Sprinkle chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper then dredge in flour (reserve 1½ tablespoons of flour for sauce).
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Once hot, add chicken and cook for 3 - 4 minutes - chicken should be lightly browned.
- Flip and cook for an additional 3 - 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle the cooked mushrooms with flour and stir to cook for one minute.
- Add chicken broth, dijon mustard and cream.
- Cook the sauce and mushrooms for about 3 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce and mushrooms over chicken.
Publix Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, All Natural, 97% Fat Free, USDA Grade A, $2.69/lb
Grape Tomatoes, 1 pint, 2/$4
Baby Portabella Mushrooms, Whole or Sliced, 8 oz, $1.79
Russet Potatoes, 5 lb bag, $2.99