So often I make dinner more difficult than it needs to be. BBQ Pork Stuffed Potatoes are one of my husband’s all time favorite things. There is a restaurant near my mom called Jim & Nick’s that has a big potato dish called Pig in a Potato Patch (or something to that effect). Whenever we visit my mom, my husband always finagles it so that we would stop by there for a bite to eat. Without fail, he gets his beloved potato.
So why don’t I make this meal for him all the time? Because I never think about it…seriously I make things so difficult sometimes. This is such an easy dinner to throw together.
You can just grab a container of the Curly’s Pulled Pork and then all you have to do is bake up a few potatoes. I prefer to just toss a Boston Butt in my slow cooker in the morning so I have enough meat for another meal. It’s much more cost effective and I promise you–all you have to do is toss the roast in the slow cooker with some salt, pepper and a little bit of water. In 6 – 8 hours you have perfectly shredded pork that will feed a crowd.
Throw your toppings in a bowl and let everyone have fun topping their potato. Very little work for a delicious, filling meal.
- 2 - 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 cups shredded pork
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Wash potatoes, dry them and wrap in foil.
- Bake in oven for about an hour or until done.
- Split the potato and add butter then pork, barbecue sauce, cheese, bacon, onions, tomatoes and sour cream (+ any additional toppings you might like).
- Curly’s Pulled Pork, Chicken, or Beef with BBQ Sauce or Sauceless: Pork, Roasted Chicken or Sliced Beef Steak, 10 to 16 oz, BOGO $6.99 OR Publix Boston Butt Roast, Bone-In, All Natural, Full Flavor, $2.99/lb
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Gourmet Sauces, Barbecue or Dipping, Assorted Varieties, 12 or 18 oz, BOGO $2.37 – $2.39 ($1.37 after coupon)
- Oscar Mayer Sliced Bacon, Assorted Varieties, 12 or 16 oz, 2/$10
- Potatoes, $4
- Kraft Chunk Cheese, Assorted Varieties, 7 or 8 oz, BOGO $4.69