The boys are home from school and they love to hang out with me in the kitchen and help me prepare the holiday treats. We love to make fun goodies that are festive and taste great. We create big batches of all kinds of treats that we pass out to friends and family as a way to say Merry Christmas!
Since the boys are helping me, I try to keep the recipe simple yet exciting so that they want to participate. Something I make every single year are these Melting Snowman Cookies. They are incredibly simple to make and everyone who sees them absolutely LOVES them! How can you not smile when you see that cute little cookie? The best part is that all it takes is a box of Pillsbury™ Purely Simple™ Cookie Mix, a batch of royal icing, a few vanilla wafers and some creative decorating. It takes no time to whip up a big batch of snowmen and you’re sure to be the hit of the party with these guys!
You know Publix carries a big variety of all your favorite Pillsbury™ baking mixes and frostings—so you can create all kinds of delicious holiday goodies. The mixes will help you simplify your favorite recipes and get back some much needed time that’s always so hard to find during this busy time of year!
Need a holiday treat but not sure what to bring? Why not let your friends decide in #TheDessertDebate. Simply pick two recipes from the list on the Pillsbury™ site and then let your friends (and potential dinner guests) vote on it and let the dessert debate begin.
Grab your apron and a box of Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Mix then whip up a batch of these Melting Snowmen Cookies. Bake up some holiday fun!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Purely Simply™ Sugar Cookie Mix (cooked according to package instructions)
- 36 mini vanilla wafers
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz pasteurized egg whites
- black & brown decorating gel
- orange sprinkles
- round colored candy sprinkles
- Cook the Pillsbury™ Purely Simply™ Sugar Cookies according to package instructions and allow to cool.
- Make the royal icing by combining the egg whites and vanilla in the bowl of your stand mixer and beating until frothy.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated and mixture is shiny.
- Mix on high for 5 – 7 minutes until still peaks form.
- Gradually add in water about 1/4 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is just thin enough to pour (flood stage.)
- To create the snowman – place a vanilla wafer slightly off center on the sugar cookie and spoon a dollop of royal icing over the wafer. Rotate the cookie allowing the icing to drip and puddle.
- Add the “nose” and “buttons” while the icing is wet.
- Once the icing dries you can then add the eyes, mouth and arms.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker® Company. The opinions and text are all mine.