This post is sponsored by Truvia®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Who can pass up a delicious chocolate chip cookie? I certainly have a hard time turning down a tasty treat. So you know I was thrilled to find this Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe made with Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend. It's a delicious recipe that yields a soft and scrumptious cookie. The best part...you'd never know that it has 6% fewer calories* and 57% less sugar* than the regular sugar-sweetened version.
This is the perfect recipe to bake up for your holiday cookie swaps or to take to your holiday office party. With all the holiday goodies that we'll soon be surrounded with, I'll take any opportunity to save a few calories.
Thanks to Truvia®, we can reduce sugar and calories while still enjoying all those delicious holiday treats. Perfect in cookies, cakes, pies and so much more, Truvia® is the natural choice for people looking to reduce calories, including people with diabetes and those looking to reduce sugar in their diets. It's easy to use, tastes great and allows you to reduce sugar, not flavor in all your favorite recipes.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in microwave and add to large mixing bowl with the Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend.
- Add vanilla, egg and water. Mix for 1-2 minutes to start dissolving the Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend.
- Whisk salt and baking soda into the flour in a separate bowl. Add to the liquid ingredients and mix to form a very soft dough that’s like thick batter. This thin consistency will allow the cookies to spread in the oven and develop a soft and chewy texture.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons on cookie sheet and press down lightly. Bake for 6-7 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes until cookies set, then transfer to cooling rack.
Pick up a great deal on the Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend that you need for this recipe and get a great deal at Publix. Look for a sale in the current Advantage Buy flyer and load your coupon to grab a super price.
Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend 18 oz, $5.99
-$2.50/1 package of Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend or Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend Publix Digital Coupon
Just $3.49 after coupon!
Remember, Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend is a sweet mix of stevia sweetener and sugar that bakes and browns just like sugar, with 75% fewer calories per serving than sugar. Simply replace 1 cup of sugar with a ½ cup of Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend in your favorite recipes to get the same sweetness with 75% fewer calories! During the holidays that can really add up to lots of calories saved.
Need some help using Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend in your recipes? Try these conversion charts on their website. Get more information and find lots of other delicious recipes on Truvia.com or the Truvia Facebook page.
*These cookies have 140 calories and 6 grams of sugar per serving compared to the full- sugar version which has 150 calories and 14 grams of sugar per serving.