This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
Let’s be honest, broccoli rarely sparks culinary fireworks. While I happen to love broccoli, my guys really just tolerate it. They don’t love it or hate it and they certainly aren’t making requests to add it to the menu. Forget begging for Broccoli Mondays, it wouldn’t crack the top ten menu requests under any normal circumstances… UNLESS it’s a batch of my Broccoli Tots!
My Broccoli Tots take the basic veggie and kick it up a few notches. They’re crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside and bursting with big flavor with every bite. A batch of these and you might find that broccoli isn’t just that tolerable veggie, it’s the star of the show! Pair them with a batch of homemade Ranch Dressing and you never know, these might become a top-requested dish by your family!
While these are a few steps beyond basic steamed broccoli, the recipe is really quite simple. Just blanch the broccoli, chop it up and then mix with some Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, an egg, some breadcrumbs and a few seasonings. Scoop the mixture onto a sheet pan and bake it up. You end up with a great appetizer, side dish, or even a vegetarian main course!
These tots are versatile enough to please any crowd, and their cheesy, crispy goodness will have everyone reaching for seconds. Plus, they’re a sneaky way to get some extra veggies into your family’s diet—without the fuss or complaints. So ditch the basic broccoli and prepare to be amazed by these bite-sized wonders!
Remember, a little creativity in the kitchen can turn even the most “tolerable” veggie into a showstopping star. And with these Broccoli Tots, you might just find yourself hosting Broccoli Mondays more often than you think!
Get everything you need to add these to your menu PLUS big savings when you shop at Publix. Load the high value digital coupon and you’ll save $3 off a jar of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise. Try these tasty tots then come back and let me know what you think!
- 12 oz broccoli - cut into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 scallions - chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, until slightly softened. Drain and finely chop the broccoli.
- Place the broccoli in a medium bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Refrigerate for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400º F and spray a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Use a small scoop or your hands to form 1-inch round tots. Place the tots on the prepared sheet pan and bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until golden. Flip the tots and cook an additional 12 -15 minutes on the other side, until golden.
- Serve immediate with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!