This post is sponsored by Saputo Cheese. All comments and opinions are my own.
My family goes crazy for scones. We love them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I have several recipes that I can whip up in a matter of minutes, some sweet and others savory. And while they’re all delicious, those Blueberry Goat Cheese Scones pictured above are a big favorite for everyone.
These amazing scones can be eaten plain or with your favorite toppings, like butter, jam or syrup. They’re also great for entertaining, as you can prep them ahead of time and then bake right before you are ready to serve.
They’re buttery, flaky, and full of blueberry flavor. But, the Montchevre® goat cheese is what makes them great. It adds a tangy twist that makes them absolutely irresistible.
The folks at Montchevre® have established a perfectly-balanced recipe for their fresh goat cheese logs. Each is made with full respect for traditional French cheese making techniques. Starting with the highest quality milk, their draining and folding techniques create the smooth texture that sets Montchevre® goat cheese apart from the rest. The Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese is a must-have for my amazing scones.
You only need a couple of ingredients and a few minutes to put together a deliciously rich and flaky scone that your whole family will love! And right now you can pick up Montchevre® goat cheese plus nice savings when you shop at Publix. Look for a coupon in the Extra Savings Flyer valid 10/21 to 11/3.
$1/1 Montchevre® Goat Cheese Publix Coupon (valid 10/21 to 11/3)
Grab savings when you gather your ingredients. Then add this tasty scone recipe to your menu this week!
Blueberry Goat Cheese Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp very cold butter - cut into cubes
- 4 oz Montchevre® Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream + additional for brushing
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter (or a couple of forks) to cut the COLD butter into the dry ingredients, just until pea sized crumbs form.
- Add the Montchevre® Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese, vanilla and cream then mix just until everything is incorporated. You should be able to squeeze the dough together. If too crumbly, add a little more cream and mix. DO NOT OVER WORK THE DOUGH.
- Carefully mix in the blueberries then move the dough to a lightly floured surface and shape into a rectangle that is 12"x3" in size.
- Carefully cut the rectangle into 8 equal sized triangles.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and brush the tops of the scones with heavy cream then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 20 - 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the lemon icing while the scones bake by whisking a tablespoon of lemon juice into the powdered sugar, adding additional lemon juice as needed to get to desired consistency.
- Allow to cool slightly and top with lemon icing. Serve and enjoy!