This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
Are you ready for some football fun? How about some delicious football food?
While the game may be the main event, the food is definitely an important part of the day. I spend a good amount of time planning my menu to ensure my game day spread has something for everyone, whether they’re a fan of spicy food, cheesy dips, or finger foods.
When it comes to finger foods, I think themed dishes are the way to go. When folks see my football pull-apart, they can’t help but dig in. Then when they find out it’s stuffed with delicious Hellmann’s Hot Artichoke Dip, it’s like a match made in heaven. The warm, hearty dip is the perfect filling for the flaky dough, and the whole thing is just so irresistibly good.
And while it looks super impressive, it’s actually pretty easy to make. In fact it comes together with just six ingredients. A little bit of prep and you have the ultimate snack for game day!
To get started you just mix up a batch of Hellmann’s Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip. Their original recipe is mixed up and baked in a casserole dish. But, I made it my own by adding some crescent rolls to the mix. I just grab a couple of cans of refrigerated crescent rolls, cut each into thirds and then spread the prepared dip on top. From there, each piece is rolled up and placed on parchment in the shape of a football. All that’s left is to bake it up and serve it up. Of course, if you want to add a little flair, some perfectly placed cheese strips as football laces will really take it to the next level.
There’s lots of football coming up and to get you ready there’s a BOGO sale on Hellmann’s Mayonnaise at Publix. Stock your cart so you can bring home what you need to add tasty dishes to your game day spread all season long.
Hellmann’s Mayonnaise 30 oz, BOGO – valid 10/12 – 10/18 (10/11 – 10/17 for some)
Grab a few ingredients and whip up my Hot Artichoke Crescent Football Pull-Apart for your next game day gathering.
Hot Artichoke Crescent Football Pull-Apart
- 2 8 oz cans Refrigerated Crescent
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- sliced cheese, for football laces (optional)
- 1 egg whisked with 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat oven to 375º F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the artichoke hearts, Hellmann's Mayonnaise, parmesan cheese and garlic. Mix until combined.
- Unroll the crescents separate into triangles. Use a sharp knife or pizza wheel to cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles.
- Spread the prepared dip onto each small triangle and roll, starting from the wide end and rolling to the point. Place the rolled crescent onto the parchment lined pan. Continue the process placing the rolls side by side in the shape of a football.
- Brush the tops of the crescents lightly with the egg wash. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and add sliced cheese to form football laces, if desired. Serve and enjoy!