This post is sponsored by Carbone. All comments and opinions are my own.
With my crazy schedule, easy meals are absolutely necessary. In my world, easy meals consist of minimal ingredients, quick prep AND easy cleanup. So one pot meals are definitely the way to go.
A favorite one pot wonder at my house is Bell Pepper Skillet Casserole. You get all the great taste of stuffed bell peppers without all the effort. Prep is minimal and everything cooks up in one pan in a matter of minutes making it ideal for a busy weeknight.
I love this dish because I can change it up based on what I have handy. Sometimes I make it with ground turkey, other times with ground beef and it’s also tasty with ground sausage. I love using Carbone Sauce in this recipe and the sauce I choose can vary based on my mood. This week I decided to go with ground turkey and add a kick of flavor with Carbone Arrabbiata. The combination was amazing and the dish was a hit with my whole family.
Thanks to the BOGO sale on Carbone Sauce this week, I will grab even more of that tasty sauce AND make another casserole next week!
Carbone Sauce 24 oz, BOGO
If you need a tasty meal without a lot of effort, this recipe is a winner. I am going to share a basic recipe, but feel free to make it your own. Use your meat of choice and whatever Carbone Sauce you love most. Whether you prefer a classic marinara, spicy arrabbiata, tomato basil, or roasted garlic, Carbone has a variety of options to choose from. Each one delivers an authentic, flavorful taste that will have you craving more.
- Marinara: Our take on the quintessential homemade sauce straight from the kitchen at Carbone. Using only the finest imported Italian tomatoes our Marinara sauce is slow-cooked, with fresh ingredients, in small batches. Elevate your “marinara” experience with this exceptional offering.
- Arrabbiata: Each jar of this elegant offering is made from the finest tomatoes imported straight from Italy. Made with fresh garlic, onions, and just the right touch of crushed red pepper flakes to keep this ‘angry’ sauce at just the right level of heat.
- Tomato Basil: Tomato Basil sauce by Carbone has been crafted to deliver just the right balance of garlic, oregano, and onions to really make the fresh basil erupt when you crack open a jar. Slow cooked using only the finest Imported Italian tomatoes, this sauce will quickly become a favorite at your table.
- Roasted Garlic: Carbone has created the perfect pairing between garlic flavor and Italian tomatoes with this masterpiece. The only thing overwhelming about this product will be its deliciousness. A truly unique take on a classic red sauce.
Bell Pepper Skillet Casserole
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey - substitute ground beef or ground sausage
- 2 large bell peppers - chopped
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Carbone Sauce
- 1 2/3 cups chicken/beef/vegetable broth
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the ground turkey. Brown the meat, crumbling as you cook. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook another 2 - 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in Carbone Sauce, broth, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer undisturbed for 15 - 18 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle the cheese over top and place the lid on and allow to sit another 5, until cheese is melted.
- If desired, you can place the casserole under the broiler to brown the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Carbone Sauces are made using the finest, hand-picked ingredients, ensuring a delightful burst of flavors with every spoonful. The sauce is all-natural, with no added sugar, non-GMO, and gluten-free.
Carbone is not just any ordinary sauce, it delivers an award-winning taste that will have your family begging for more! Just like the award-winning restaurant, Carbone sauce delivers an authentic, flavorful taste that always serves up enjoyment… with no reservations needed!
Take advantage of the BOGO deal as part of the Publix ad valid 8/30 – 9/5 (8/29 – 9/4).