This post is sponsored by Tilda®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Are you looking for an easy and flavorful meal that’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal? With a little effort and the quick convenience of Tilda® Peri Peri Rice, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal in no time!
Way beyond basic, this rice bowl is packed with big flavor and lots of great texture. The light peppery flavor of the rice pairs perfectly with the charred corn and roasted red peppers. And a dollop of hummus adds a creamy goodness that can’t be beat. Topped with the crispy tofu, it’s a complete meal that your whole family will love.
Of course if you aren’t a huge tofu fan, you can use grilled chicken or pork instead. But, I really think you should give the tofu a try. The texture and flavor is really amazing in this dish.
Peri Peri Rice Bowl With Crispy Tofu
CRISPY BAKED TOFU
- 16 oz super firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter powder
PERI PERI RICE BOWL
- 2 pouches TILDA® READY TO HEAT PERI PERI RICE - cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 ears of corn - grilled and removed from cob
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper - sliced
- Peri Peri Sauce - if desired
CRISPY BAKED TOFU
- For the baked tofu, start by slicing the tofu block into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubes on a clean tea towel and then cover with a second towel. Add a heavy pan or weight on top and allow to sit for 15 minutes in order to help press out as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the pressed cubes into a large bowl and add the olive oil and soy sauce then mix to coat.
- Sprinkle the corn starch and peanut butter powder over the cubes and toss to coat.
- Transfer the coated cubes to the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through the bake time.
PERI PERI BOWL
- To assemble the bowl, divide the rice and spoon into 4 bowls.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of hummus, 1/4 cup of arugula, 2 tablespoons of roasted red pepper and the grilled corn.
- Add the crispy tofu and drizzle with peri peri sauce, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
New at Publix, Tilda® Ready to Heat Rice is high-quality rice that’s made with real ingredients. And with three amazing flavors, you’ll have what you need to get adventurous in the kitchen and bring multicultural flavors into all your dishes.
- TILDA® READY TO HEAT PURE BASMATI RICE
- TILDA® READY TO HEAT PERI PERI RICE
- TILDA® READY TO HEAT BOMBAY RICE
Amazing in this and so many different recipes, Tilda® Ready to Heat Rice makes it easy to add big flavor to all your favorite dishes. Try them all and enjoy quality rice in just seconds from your microwave.
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Gluten Free
- Preservative Free
- No Artificial Flavors or Synthetic Colors
- Made with Real Ingredients
- Unique pouch made from BPA-Free Packaging
TILDA® READY TO HEAT PURE BASMATI RICE – Savor the delightful flavor of aromatic and fluffy Ready to Heat Pure Basmati Rice in any meal. Steamed to capture its delightful aroma and luxurious texture, our slender basmati grains are a delicious pairing for all your international and flavorful meal ideas.
Recipe Inspiration: This versatile microwavable rice is made with wholesome ingredients and its suitable for vegans and vegetarians; it contains no added salt or preservatives. Serve this convenient yet authentic rice as a side dish with classics like Chicken Tikka Masala, your favorite curry recipe, or a vegetable stir fry.
TILDA® READY TO HEAT PERI PERI RICE – With an amazing South African-inspired taste, Tilda® Ready to Heat Peri Peri is steamed long-grain rice infused with flavorful tomato and fiery pepper for an extra kick.
Recipe Inspiration: Traditionally part of classic dishes like Peri Peri Chicken, find recipe inspiration with Tilda®. Serve it as an ideal side dish to complement grilled meats, fish, stir-fried vegetables and many other delicious recipes. It is also suitable for vegan and vegetarian meals.
TILDA® READY TO HEAT BOMBAY RICE – Prized for its aromatic fragrance and flavor, Tilda® Ready to Heat Bombay Basmati Rice is infused with the warmth of cumin, ginger and garam masala for just the right touch of heat.
Recipe Inspiration: The slender and fluffy Basmati Rice grains are ideal for anything from savory pilaf to authentic Indian-inspired dishes like Salmon Kedegree and Baked Vegetable Biryani. Suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets, this high-quality rice is ideal for adding a bit of culture to your kitchen.