This post is sponsored by alouette. All comments and opinions are my own.
Mother’s Day is almost here, and it’s time to show our appreciation for the incredible women who have nurtured and supported us. What better way to express your love and gratitude than with a delicious, beautiful, and unique treat?
This Mother’s Day, surprise Mom with beautiful Pastry Roses made with delicious alouette cheese!
These Pastry Roses are a delightful twist on traditional pastries. Made with delicate layers of flaky puff pastry and filled with creamy alouette cheese, apples and nuts, these edible flowers are a feast for the eyes as well as the palate.
And while they might look difficult to prepare, they are actually incredibly simple.
Start by rolling out your puff pastry and then cut it into strips.
From there, you spread on that amazing alouette Spreadable Cheese onto the puff pastry. Next comes thinly sliced apples that have been softened in the microwave. Sprinkle on some finely chopped walnuts and then it’s all rolled up into a beautiful rose. Finally, just pop the roses into a muffin tin and bake until they are golden brown.
The combination of apples, cheese and nuts in that buttery puff pasty is a combination made in heaven. And, the fact that they look so impressive is just an added bonus.
With three tasty flavors of alouette Cheese to choose from, feel free to mix it up and use the cheese that mom loves best! Find all three in the specialty cheese section at your local Publix.
- Garlic & Herb
- Spinach & Artichoke
- Smoky Jalapeño
Show mom just how much she means to you this Mother’s Day with this homemade treat. Head to your nearest Publix and grab plenty of alouette Cheese and whip up beautiful flowers that she’ll never forget!
Sweet & Savory Pastry Roses
- 1 sheet puff pastry - defrosted according to package directions
- 1 apple - halved and sliced very thin
- 4 oz alouette Garlic & Herb Spreadable Cheese
- 4 tsp toasted walnuts - finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly butter 4 ramekins or 4 cups of an extra-large muffin tin.
- Place the cut apple slices on a plate and microwave for 1 minute, until very soft and pliable.
- Roll out the puff pastry then cut into 4 long strips.
- Spread 1 ounce of alouette Spreadable Cheese down each pastry strip
- Place apple slices along the top half of each pastry strip, overlapping them slightly ensuring the peel side is facing out.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chopped walnuts down the strip and then fold the lower half of the strip up to hold the apple/cheese/nut filing.
- Start at one end and gently roll the strip to create the rose. Press to seal the edge.
- Place the pastry flower into the prepared ramekin/muffin tin.
- Whisk the egg with the water and brush over top of the pastry.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
- Cool slightly and serve.