This post is sponsored by Gary’s QuickSteak. All comments and opinions are my own.
March is one of the most exciting times of the year for basketball fans.
At my house, I like to keep my game day menu as exciting as the game itself. Basic chips won’t make the cut here. Hearty, delicious options are the preferred option for my guys. Big sandwiches, pizzas and the like are what my guys love.
Well, I have a recipe that gives them all their favorite flavors in one… my Pepper Steak Stromboli.
Incredibly tasty and filling, a Stromboli is a great way to feed a crowd. One works great for a small group, or you can make multiples and feed a bunch of hungry fans.
And what’s great is that you won’t be in the kitchen all day with this one. Prep time is a breeze thanks to Gary’s QuickSteak®.
New at Publix, Gary’s QuickSteak will help you serve up all kinds of great meals in a flash. Simply place the frozen, pre-sliced steak (or chicken) in a pan and listen for the sizzle. When one side is cooked, flip, and watch the individual ribbons release, giving you the most versatile meat to top sandwiches, soups, salads, and of course my Pepper Steak Stromboli! Lastly, savor the juicy, tender taste of the meat that it took you only minutes to make!
The cooked steak is paired with peppers, onions and cheese and then rolled in pizza dough. All that’s left is to bake it up then slice and serve. The result is a mouthwatering, hearty snack that’s perfect for any game day spread… or even a regular weeknight dinner!
So what are you waiting for, grab a few ingredients and you can enjoy this tasty dish in no time flat.
Look for Gary’s QuickSteak products in the frozen section at your local Publix. Their products contain over 20 grams of protein per serving, are gluten free, and are made with real beef and chicken–ingredients that you can be proud to serve your family.
Choose from two delicious, and super easy-to-use products: Gary’s QuickSteak® 100% Sirloin Beef and Gary’s QuickSteak® Chicken.
Gary’s QuickSteak® 100% Sirloin Beef
- 100% Sirloin Beef
- No Preservatives
- 23 Grams of Protein Per Serving
Gary’s QuickSteak® Chicken
- Chicken Breast with Rib Meat
- 21 Grams of Protein Per Serving
Gary’s QuickSteak can be cooked in a traditional skillet, wok, flat-top grill, or can even be thrown in the slow cooker. The meal options are endless.
Pepper Steak Stromboli
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper - sliced
- 1 onion - sliced
- 1 pk Gary's QuickSteak 100% Sirloin Beef
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup marinara or pizza sauce - divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stock skillet and cook the peppers and onions for 4 - 5 minutes, until tender.
- Push the veggies to the side of the pan and add Gary's QuickSteak 100% Sirloin Beef and cook according to package instructions. Stir to combine the cooked steak with the veggies. Remove from heat.
- Roll out the refrigerated pizza dough onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Spread the cooked steak, pepper and onions over the sauce and top with the shredded cheese.
- Roll everything up like a jelly roll and pinch/tuck the seam to seal.
- Whisk the egg and water together. Lightly brush the egg wash over the roll and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, then slice and serve with the remaining marinara sauce.