This post is sponsored by Kauai Coffee®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Why not start your day with a taste of paradise?
Don’t worry, you won’t need a plane ticket or have to take a day off of work. Pick up a bag of Kauai Coffee® in the coffee aisle at your local Publix! Then brew up amazing flavor right from the comfort of your home.
With natural & artificial flavors, Kauai Coffee® contains 10% Hawaiian coffee sourced from their Koloa Estate. Each unique blend begins at an orchard nourished by rich volcanic soil and showered by fresh mountain rain, kissed by the bright Pacific sun and cooled by the gentle Hawaiian trade winds. Everything combines to give you amazing flavor and taste paradise, one cup at a time!™
Right now you can bring home that great taste and enjoy great savings. Look for Kauai Coffee® on sale as part of the new Extra Savings Flyer. Grab for just $6.99 now through 3/24 at your local Publix.
Kauai Coffee® Koloa Estate Medium Roast or Vanilla Macadamia Nut, 10 oz bag, $6.99
And if you want to add a little more tropical flair to your day, serve great tasting coffee with some of my Coconut Macadamia Biscotti.
My recipe makes a big batch so there will be enough to enjoy for a week or more. Just store them in an air tight container and grab a tasty treat every time you make a cup of Kauai Coffee®. Then close your eyes, you might think you hear the sounds of the tropics from the comfort of your couch.
Coconut Macadamia Biscotti
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and coconut extract and mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix on low until combined, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Fold in the coconut and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each into a ball.
- Gently roll to shape each ball into a log about 14 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Place the logs on a parchment lined baking sheet leaving 3 - 4 inches between each log to allow the dough to spread as it cooks.
- Gently press the sides and tops of each log and then bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cook for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1/2 diagonal slices. Cut in one motion rather than sawing to reduce breakage.
- Place the biscotti, cut side up, on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 12 - 15 minutes, until dry and lightly golden.
- The biscotti will dry as they cool.
- Store in an air tight container at room temp.
While biscotti may seem intimidating to make, they are actually incredibly easy to prepare. If you can mix up a dough, you can make biscotti.
Simply make the dough and then form long dough logs. The dough is baked once, cooled, cut and then baked again. They are almost foolproof!
Head into Publix and stock up on your favorite Kauai Coffee and grab a few additional ingredients and you can start your day with a taste of paradise.