This post is sponsored by the makers of HERDEZ® Salsa. All comments and opinions are my own.
When it comes to game day entertaining, I like to serve dishes that I can prep ahead of time so that I am not stuck in the kitchen when the game is on.
Quick and easy is the name of the game when I am coming up with a game day menu. That’s why chicken taquitos make the list almost every week. I can prep a huge batch in a matter of minutes and then pop them in the fridge until right before my guests arrive. When it’s time to eat, they go on a sheet pan and then bake up in no time flat.
And if I am feeling super productive, I will often double or triple my recipe so I have snacks whenever I need them. Prepped taquitos freeze beautifully and can go straight from the freezer to the oven.
What makes taquitos great is that the don’t require a lot of ingredients. In fact, you can create a basic chicken taquito with just FOUR ingredients: chicken, cheese, salsa and tortillas. With so few ingredients, you really have to use the good stuff. When it comes to the salsa, flavor matters. It’s what’s going to take bland chicken and make it taste great. When it comes to the salsa I choose, HERDEZ® Salsa is always a great choice!
HERDEZ® Salsa is the number 1 salsa brand in Mexico. Known for simple, quality ingredients, HERDEZ® Salsas represent the heart and soul of Mexican cuisine. So it’s a no-brainer that I choose it for my Easy Baked Chicken Taquitos.
I don’t have to bother gathering spices or chopping a bunch of ingredients for great taste. I just open the jar and have great flavor any time I need it. HERDEZ® Salsa is the perfect addition to my taco dinner, served simply with chips and ideal for all my recipes… including these amazing Easy Baked Chicken Taquitos.
Grab a few ingredients when you shop at Publix and serve up a batch at your next game day gathering.
Easy Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked chicken - shredded
- 3/4 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Verde + additional for serving
- 3/4 cup Queso Quesadilla - or any good melting cheese
- Topping of choice including chopped tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken, salsa verde and shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Heat the tortillas in a skillet for a few seconds, just until pliable.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla and roll tightly.
- Place the rolled tortillas, seam side down, onto the prepared pan and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, turning at least once to ensure all sides crisp.
- Remove from oven and serve with additional HERDEZ® Salsa and any additional toppings desired.