This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
It’s one of the best times of the year… it’s soup season!
Hearty and delicious, soups are a great way to feed your whole family. Made with or without meat, loaded with noodles or rice, chunky or smooth, the options are endless when it comes to what to add to your menu each week. The hard part is often deciding what to make.
I have dozens of different recipes to choose from and one of our favorites is that Italian Wedding Soup that you see above.
Basically a variation of a Chicken Noodle Soup, this soup offers great flavor and a tasty texture. It’s a super way to shake up your standard soup while giving your family a hearty, warm meal that’s quick and easy to prepare.
Like all soups, this one is open to modifications. If I have a homemade stock handy, I’ll use it. But, store bought broth also works just fine. I generally prefer to make my own meatballs, but I have been known to use frozen meatballs in a pinch. And when it comes to flavor, I look to NEW Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon. It adds amazing flavor without any salt at all.
New Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon proves that zero salt does NOT mean zero flavor! Made with an expert blend of natural chicken flavor, vegetables and spices, this chicken bouillon gives you all the flavor with none of the salt. This powder bouillon is made with real vegetables, herbs and spices, like carrots, onion and parsley, and is made with absolutely no artificial flavors or preservatives. It’s ideal for this recipe and perfect for enhancing your other favorite soups, stews, sauces, pastas and much, much more!
One bottle is all it takes to kick up the flavor in your favorite recipes. And right now you can get it at a great price. Look for Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon on sale for $2.99 as part of the current Extra Savings Flyer. Stock your pantry so you’ll have plenty handy for soup season… and beyond.
Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon, $2.99
Grab savings and gather your ingredients and serve up a warm, cozy meal that your whole family will love.
Skillet Chicken Meatballs With Dijon Sauce
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan - shredded or grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 shallot - chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp Sir Kensington's Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Add all meatball ingredients to a large bowl and use your hands to mix, just until combined
- Roll to form meatballs, approximately 1-inch in diameter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add the meatballs and cook for 10 minutes, turning 2 - 3 times to allow all sides to brown evenly.
- Remove to a paper-lined plate, set aside.
- Add the butter and the chopped shallot to the pan and cook for 2 -3 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the lemon zest and wine and cook for 2 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Whisk in the broth and Sir Kensington's Dijon mustard.
- Add the meatballs back to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the heavy cream, salt and pepper. Stir to coat the meatballs and serve!