I consider myself an ice cream fanatic. I really feel like it might be the perfect dessert.
Think about it. Ice cream requires no prep, no cooking, and it’s ready whenever you need a sweet treat. Plus, there are so many flavors to choose from. You could enjoy something different every night of the week… maybe even every night of the month!
And the versatility is amazing. Think about it… you can scoop it and enjoy simple in a bowl. Stuff it in a cone or between a couple of cookies. Serve it with topping galore and call it a sundae. Blend it up for a tasty milkshake, OR you can do something extra special like that ice cream pie you see above.
With some Ben & Jerry’s and very little effort, you can create a dessert masterpiece—no baking required!
You already know that Ben & Jerry’s flavors taste absolutely amazing. Each tasty treat is jam packed with euphoric chunks and swirls that just can’t be beat. But, when you stuff that goodness in a chocolate cookie crust, you take ice cream joy to the next level!
Just grab a couple of pints of Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia, some chocolate sandwich cookies and a little butter and you are in business. Plus, if you shop now, you can get your ice cream buy one, get one FREE!
Yep, all your favorite varieties are BOGO as part of the Publix ad valid 12/15 to 12/21 (12/14 to 12/20 for some).
Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream or Non-Dairy Dessert, 1 pt, or Cookie Dough Chunks, 8 oz, BOGO
Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Pie
- 2 pints Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia - softened
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies - finely crushed into cookie crumbs
- 4 tbsp butter - melted
- cooking spray
- Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the crushed cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press into the prepared pie plate covering the bottom and sides of the dish. Press firmly to create an even crust.
- Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the softened ice cream into the prepared cookie crust and gently spread until even.
- Freeze the ice cream pie until set, at least 8 - 12 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with cherries, if desired.
Take advantage of the BOGO sale while you can. Get enough of that delicious ice cream to enjoy as an after dinner treat AND enough to whip up my tasty ice cream pie. I hope you love it as much as we do!