This post is sponsored by Hatfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Many of us will attend or host multiple Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving meals over the next couple of weeks. While turkey may be the traditional centerpiece at the table, many folks are choosing to forgo the bird and opt for quick, easy meals instead.
For most of us, the goal of the holiday gathering is spending time with those we hold near and dear… not waiting hours and hours that perfectly roasted turkey. So if you are looking to shake up your usual holiday menu, I have the perfect meal—my Walnut Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Fig Sauce.
Served with mashed sweet potatoes, this is the ultimate dish for your next holiday gathering. It’s hearty and packed with amazing flavor but takes very little time to prepare. In fact, the whole meal can be on the table in under and hour… start to finish! And with very little effort you can feed 2 or 20 people AND not get stuck in a hot kitchen for hours and hours.
The key is using a perfectly seasoned Hatfield Tenderloin! Every variety of Hatfield Marinated Pork is packed with great flavors right out of the package. For my recipe, I kick that great taste up a notch by crusting the entire tenderloin in crushed walnuts. The flavor and texture of the nuts pair perfectly with the seasoning of Hatfield’s Tuscan Herb Dry Rub Seasoned Pork Tenderloin. And a hearty drizzle of that Balsamic Fig Sauce really takes this dish to the next level. The dish is sweet and savory, hearty and absolutely delicious. Make one for an intimate group or cook 3, 4 or more and serve a houseful of hungry folks!
Notice that you won’t need a ton of ingredients for this dish. That means your meal is quick, easy AND affordable. That’s a winning combination for me!
Walnut Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Fig Sauce
- 1 Hatfield Tuscan Herb Dry Rub Seasoned Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup walnuts - roughly chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot - chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary - chopped
- 8.5 oz fig preserves
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 - 2 tsp beef broth or water - if needed
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Roll the Hatfield Tuscan Herb Dry Rub Seasoned Pork Tenderloin in the chopped walnuts and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the pork cooks, add the olive oil to a medium skillet and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the shallot and cook for 2 minutes, until softened. Add the rosemary and cook an additional minute.
- Add the fig preserves, balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard and simmer for 4 - 6 minutes, until reduced and begins to thicken. If the sauce gets too thick, stir in a little broth or water as needed.
- Remove from heat and serve with the sliced pork.
With Hatfield’s All Natural Dry Rubbed Pork Tenderloins & Loin Filets, you get amazing flavor and you just can’t beat the convenience. No matter which you choose, you know you will have a delicious meal every single time!
- TEXAS SMOKEHOUSE BBQ SEASONED DRY RUB PORK LOIN FILET
- TUSCAN HERB DRY RUB SEASONED PORK TENDERLOIN
- HONEY GARLIC TERIYAKI DRY RUB SEASONED PORK TENDERLOIN
Find three tasty varieties in the meat aisle at your local Publix. Stock up for this amazing recipe and keep plenty on hand when you need a delicious meal with very little effort. After all, you really can’t beat a meal that just requires you open the package, place on a pan and bake. They are absolutely ideal for this busy holiday season!
If you haven’t taken the opportunity to enter my giveaway, be sure to take a second to enter and you might be a winner! The folks at Hatfield want to help make your holiday season a little easier. Enter for your chance to win a $50 Publix gift card to help you stock your freezer with convenient and delicious Hatfield products.