This post is sponsored by Knorr. All comments and opinions are my own.
When I am craving comfort food, my mind often goes to a hearty serving of Butter Chicken. Super easy to make, this is a fantastic change of pace from your typical chicken dish.
If you have had Butter Chicken before you know that it’s a super flavorful Indian dish of tender chicken that simmered in a rich, delicious curry. And if you’ve never tried it, my recipe will make it easy for you to give it a go!
My recipe is a super easy version that really anyone can make. And after you allow a little time for the chicken to marinade, the actual cook time is under 30 minutes making it an ideal meal for a busy weeknight.
To get started, you’ll want to raid your spice cabinet to help you create a super tasty spiced yogurt marinade. Grab some garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder and turmeric. Notice I didn’t mention salt in that list. That’s because my recipe is delicious without adding salt thanks to new Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon. It’s my trick to adding rich flavor to my recipes without the worry of salt.
New Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon proves that zero salt does NOT mean zero flavor! Made with an expert blend of natural chicken flavor, vegetables and spices, this chicken bouillon gives you all the flavor with none of the salt. This powder bouillon is made with real vegetables, herbs and spices, like carrots, onion and parsley, and is made with absolutely no artificial flavors or preservatives.
Looking to add flavor to your meals without salt? Grab a bottle of Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon and get savings at Publix. Clip the coupon from the Extra Savings Flyer and sage a buck on your purchase.
$1/1 Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 10/22 to 11/4
Grab a few ingredients and shake up your menu this week. Try my Butter Chicken in place of your usual chicken dinner and then come back and let me know what you think!
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs - cut into 1" chunks
- 5.3 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp cumin - divided
- 2 tsp garam masala - divided
- 1- 1/2 tsp turmeric - divided
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon - divided
- 4 tsp ghee - divided
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup tomato puree
- cilantro - for garnish
- cooked rice - for serving
- Combine the chicken, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and 1 teaspoon of cumin, one teaspoon garam masala, one teaspoon of turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon and chili powder and mix to combine. Cover and marinade the chicken for 4 hours (or overnight)
- Heat one teaspoon of ghee in a large skillet and cook half of the marinated chicken for approximately 4 -5 minutes, turning once. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add another teaspoon of ghee to the pan and cook the remaining chicken for 4 - 5 minutes. Remove to the plate and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of ghee to the pan and cook the onions for 3 - 4 minutes, until cooked through and translucent.
- Stir in the remaining teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon of Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon as well as well as the final 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Add the heavy cream, tomato puree and cooked chicken and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with cilantro, if desired.