This post is sponsored by Hatfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
The holiday season is in full swing and you may be feeling a little overwhelmed. My to-do list is completely out of control right now. I have meals to plan and cook, cookies to bake, rooms to clean, gifts to buy… and that’s all in addition to my normal to do list that includes meals, laundry and much more. So for the next few weeks, I simplify by choosing weeknight meals that are simple and easy.
To do that, I keep my fridge (and freezer) filled with great-tasting Hatfield products.
Super convenient and absolutely delicious, Hatfield Marinated Pork Tenderloins and Loin Filets make mealtime super simple. You just open the package, cook and serve! Each item is already pre-seasoned and ready to be baked, grilled or cooked anyway you like!
So you can bake them up and serve with maybe some rice and steamed veggies for an easy meal on a busy weeknight. Or get creative and use them in your favorite recipes.. these babies are super versatile. Slice them up and toss with veggies for a delicious stir fry. Maybe cube one up and use for a hearty soup or stew. Throw that baby on the grill and then slice up and serve with slaw for an amazingly simple sandwich.
I have dozens and dozens of different ways to use them for a quick and convenient meal. Today, I wanted to share a recipe that is super easy and requires very few ingredients—my Pork Cowboy Stew.
Just grab a few pantry staples, raid your spice cabinet and pick up a couple of Hatfield Marinated Pork Loin Filets and you are on your way to a hearty and delicious meal. It’s hearty and won’t keep you in the kitchen all night. I personally think that it’s the ideal chilly weather meal.
Pork Cowboy Stew
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 2 Hatfield Texas Smokehouse BBQ Seasoned Dry Rub Pork Loin filets - cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - chopped
- 3 cups water (or beef broth)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 oz canned pinto beans
- steamed rice for serving
- toppings including: shredded cheese, diced onion, jalapeño, etc - optional
- In a large pot, or Dutch oven, 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Add the pork in batches, and cook until browned. Remove each batch to a plate before adding the next batch. Set the pork aside.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil, add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the garlic and all spices and cook an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the browned pork back to the pot with the water (or broth) and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and simmer partially covered for about 1 hour until the pork is very tender. Keep an eye on the stew and add additional water/broth if it gets too dry.
- Taste and season as needed. Add the beans and cook another 15 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice, topping with diced onion, cheese, jalapeño or your favorite toppings.
With Hatfield’s All Natural Dry Rubbed Pork Tenderloins & Loin Filets, you get amazing flavor and you just can’t beat the convenience. No matter which you choose, you know you will have a delicious meal every single time!
- TEXAS SMOKEHOUSE BBQ SEASONED DRY RUB PORK LOIN FILET
- TUSCAN HERB DRY RUB SEASONED PORK TENDERLOIN
- HONEY GARLIC TERIYAKI DRY RUB SEASONED PORK TENDERLOIN
Find three tasty varieties in the meat aisle at your local Publix. Stock up for this amazing recipe and keep plenty on hand when you need a delicious meal with very little effort.
They are absolutely ideal for this busy holiday season!
If you haven’t taken the opportunity to enter my giveaway, be sure to take a second to enter and you might be a winner! The folks at Hatfield want to help make your holiday season a little easier. Enter for your chance to win a $50 Publix gift card to help you stock your freezer with convenient and delicious Hatfield products.