This post is sponsored by Hormel Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and you may already have your big meal planned. But, what about the smaller gatherings that will happen before the big event?
Many of us will enjoy smaller dinner parties and Friendsgiving gatherings in the coming weeks. These events aren’t usually quite as involved as the big day, but still offer us a chance to celebrate the season… just on a smaller scale.
But, big or small, you still want to provide your guests with great taste. That’s where Hormel Foods products come in handy.
From tasty snacks to delicious meals, you’ll find the products you need to make your festivities great, no matter the size. And if you need a little menu inspiration, I’ve got you covered.
Why not welcome your guests with great taste without any effort at all?! Simply grab a couple of cans of PLANTERS® Nuts and you have the ultimate appetizer that’s ready whenever you need it.
Open the top and serve or pour into your favorite serving dish and let your guests dig in. They are also the ideal addition to a tasty cheeseboard or charcuterie tray.
And speaking of charcuterie trays, HORMEL® Pepperoni is a must have on my holiday tray. Place a stack of tasty pepperoni with cheeses and crackers and you have the ultimate snack… no cooking involved. And if you want to add some flair to your charcuterie board, add a couple of pepperoni roses to your spread.
Just fold HORMEL® Pepperoni over a the lip of a small glass allowing them to overlap slightly. Repeat 4 – 5 times creating layers of pepperoni folded over top of each other. Flip the glass over to reveal a beautiful (and delicious) pepperoni rose!
And when it comes to the main dish, save the big bird for your holiday meal and go with a smaller turkey breast instead. Hardwood smoked for amazing flavor, HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Bacon helps keep the turkey moist and yields amazing flavor. Simply stuff the turkey breast and wrap with that tasty bacon for a delicious dish that bakes up in about an hour.
Stop by Publix and pick up everything you need for all your holiday entertaining needs. Stock your cart with delicious Hormel Foods products and add great taste to every gathering… big or small!
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Turkey Breast
- 4 lb boneless turkey breast
- 10 - 12 slices HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Bacon
- 6 cups bread cubes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 celery ribs - chopped
- 1 - 2 tbsp fresh sage - chopped
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken broth
- Melt the butter in a skillet and cook the onion and celery for 6 - 8 minutes, until softened.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl and add the cooked veggies, all seasonings and then add the chicken broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring to moisten the bread crumbs. Add enough broth so that the dressing is moist, but not overly soggy.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the turkey breast on a cutting board and butterfly the breast. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment and pound to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Lay out the bacon slices in a row, allowing a slight overlap. Use enough bacon to allow for about an inch overhang at the top and bottom of the turkey.
- Place the prepared turkey over the bacon and add the stuffing down the length of the breast then roll the breast to cover the stuffing, tucking the ends.
- Pull the bacon around the stuffed turkey and tie with with cooking twine at 1-inch intervals
- Place the turkey, seam side down, into a roasting pan.
- Roast until internal temperature of the turkey breast is 165 degrees F, about 1 hour or 12 to 15 minutes per pound.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, cut the twice, then slice and serve.