This post is sponsored by Knorr. All comments and opinions are my own.
I include a minimum of one meatless meal on my weekly menu. It’s my way of adding more vegetables to our meals AND saving money.
I will admit that doing this wasn’t met with cheers and smiles at first. But, once my guys realized that they would still get great tasting food, they were happy again. And now, some of their favorite meals are my meatless dishes!
One of their favorites is the Easy Butternut & Chickpea Curry that you see above. It’s hearty and packed with so much flavor you’ll never miss the meat.
I love it for the taste and how easy it is to prepare. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples here at my house so I really just need the fresh items and I can throw together a tasty meal in a matter of minutes. Plus, it’s a healthy meal that’s packed with veggies and with a few good ingredients choices, it can be low in calories and low in sodium too!
All of the veggies used are all naturally low in fat and calories. To help keep the counts low I opt for lite coconut milk in my recipe. By using lite coconut milk in place of the full-fat version, I get great flavor with much less fat and calories than the traditional coconut milk.
And when it comes to keeping sodium levels as low as possible, I choose Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon to add flavor with out the salt.
New Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon proves that zero salt does NOT mean zero flavor! Made with an expert blend of natural chicken flavor, vegetables and spices, this chicken bouillon gives you all the flavor with none of the salt. This powder bouillon is made with real vegetables, herbs and spices, like carrots, onion and parsley, and is made with absolutely no artificial flavors or preservatives.
It’s easy to use and packs great flavor into all your favorite meals and recipes. Right now you can try Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon and get savings at Publix. Clip the coupon from the Extra Savings Flyer and sage a buck on your purchase.
$1/1 Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 10/22 to 11/4
Grab a bottle and raid your pantry. Pick up a few fresh ingredients and you can have this delicious Butternut & Chickpea Curry on your table in a flash.
Easy Butternut & Chickpea Curry
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot - chopped
- 1 red/yellow bell pepper - sliced
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger - minced or grated
- 2 cups butternut squash cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne - optional
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon
- 15 oz can lite coconut milk
- 15.5 oz canned chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp sugar
- basil, cilantro. lime slices and chopped peanuts - optional, for serving
- 2 cups cooked rice - for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the onion and bell pepper for 2 - 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the squash, curry paste, curry powder, cumin and cayenne and stir to coat the vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon and coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Stir in the sugar and chickpeas.
- Serve the curry over rice topped with basil or cilantro, a lime wedge and chopped peanuts.