This post is sponsored by Knorr. All comments and opinions are my own.
Ramen often gets a bad rap. But that’s because many folks only know those ramen as those cheap instant noodle packages that you find in the stores.
Don’t get me wrong, those instant noodles were my best friend when I was a super poor, struggling college kid. Back then I never really knew that another world of ramen existed. But there is definitely more to those oh-so comforting noodles that go beyond instant!
I am talking about delicious noodles in a rich broth that includes tasty veggies, hearty protein, and in my perfect bowl, a delicious soft-boiled egg! And while not instant, my version is ready in a matter of minutes making it ideal for a tasty meal whenever you want.
Now some folks avoid ramen due to the often high sodium levels. But, there is a way to cut the salt without cutting the flavor… I use Knorr Zero Salt Chicken Bouillon! It’s my trick to adding rich flavor to my recipes without the worry of salt.
New Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon proves that zero salt does NOT mean zero flavor! Made with an expert blend of natural chicken flavor, vegetables and spices, this chicken bouillon gives you all the flavor with none of the salt. This powder bouillon is made with real vegetables, herbs and spices, like carrots, onion and parsley, and is made with absolutely no artificial flavors or preservatives.
Right now you can pick up a bottle of new Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon and get savings with the Publix coupon in the current Extra Savings Flyer.
$1/1 Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 10/22 to 11/4
Clip your coupon and grab a bottle at a great price. Pick up a few additional ingredients and you are on your way to a warm comforting bowl of ramen that is packed with amazing flavor. But, beware that once you try this recipe, you might have a hard time going back to that package of plain, dull instant ramen!
Easy Chicken Ramen
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger - grated
- 8 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms - sliced
- 1 -2 head bok choy - chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 8 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 4 tbsp Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon
- 4 3-oz packages ramen noodles - seasoning packet discarded
- 2 chicken breasts - roasted and sliced
- 2 carrots - grated
- 2 - 3 green onion - sliced for serving
- 1 red chili pepper - sliced for serving (deseed to reduce heat)
- To prepare the soft-boiled eggs, fill a pot with enough water to cover the eggs, and bring to a boil. Gently place the eggs into the boiling water, and let simmer for 7 minutes. Remove the eggs from the boiling water to an ice bath (reserving the boiling water to cook the noodles). Allow the eggs to cool for 3 - 5 minutes before peeling. Slice into halves.
- While the eggs boil, heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat.
- Add the shallot, ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and mirin and cook an additional minute.
- Add the stock and Knorr Zero Salt Bouillon and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook the ramen noodles in the boiling egg water for 2 - 3 minutes, until softened
- Divide the cooked noodles into 4 bowls.
- Ladle the broth over the noodles and top with sliced chicken, shredded carrot, sliced green onion and sliced pepper (if desired). Finish with a soft boiled egg then serve and enjoy!