This post is sponsored by Breyers®. All comments and opinions are my own.
So if you had the choice between a basic brownie sundae or that fun and festive Breyers®Spider Brownie Sundae… which would you choose? At my house, it’s the spider all the way!
Seriously, who says foods have to be bland and boring? It take very little effort to make a meal a little more fun, so I jump at the chance to add a little flair to our dinner table. The holidays offer the perfect opportunity to make mealtime festive.
Fun treats like this are perfect for everyone, both kids AND adults love a little fun at mealtime.
Heck, I think the adults might actually appreciate it more! Surely I am not the only one with friends who flood social media with food pictures. I always tease everyone that if they are going to share my meal pic, they have to tag it with #iheartpublix and #michellerocks –hahaha!
This dessert is definitely post-worthy and it’s incredibly delicious too—a winning combination!
Plus it’s really easy to make. Prep is simple and each of the 4 steps can be done ahead of time so you can quickly assemble the spider just before serving. Make a few or serve up enough for a large crowd!
- Make the brownie ball head
- Add the marshmallow web to the plate
- Draw the chocolate legs on the plate
- Scoop balls of Breyers Chocolate Ice Cream and roll in chocolate sprinkles (freeze on parchment until ready to use)
All that’s left is to assemble everything on the plate And, if you are short on time, you can purchase pre-made brownies from the Publix bakery to skip the cooking all together!
Breyers® Spider Brownie Sundaes
- 8"x8" pan of prepared brownies
- 10 oz dark chocolate melting wafers - divided and melted according to package instructions
- 12 large marshmallows
- candy eyes
- 1.5 qt Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream
- chocolate sprinkles
- Cut prepared brownie into 16 servings then roll to create balls.
- Melt 8 oz of the chocolate and then dip each brownie ball into the melted chocolate and place on parchment to set.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add two candy eyes to each brownie ball. Set aside.
- To make the marshmallow web, work in batches by adding 4- 6 marshmallows to a small bowl. Heat in the microwave for 20 - 30 seconds and then stir. Allow to cool slightly then scoop some of the marshmallow cream into your hands and stretch into web-like strings onto the plates.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and pour into a zip top or piping bag. Snip the tip of the bag and draw 8 legs onto the prepared plate.
- To prepare the ice cream "body", scoop Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream into balls and roll in chocolate sprinkles. Place on parchment paper and freeze until ready to use.
- Assemble the spiders by adding a brownie ball head on the prepared plate over the chocolate legs and one prepared ice cream ball for the body. Serve and enjoy.
So if you are looking to add a festive flair to your meal this season, whip up a batch of these Breyers® Spider Brownie Sundaes and watch your friends’ and family’s faces light up. Stop by Publix and get everything you need PLUS savings!
Look for Breyers Ice Cream on sale buy one, get one FREE! Grab enough for some spooky spider sundaes plus plenty to enjoy whenever you are craving a cool treat.
Breyers® 1.5 quart, BOGO $6.89 +