This post is sponsored by Knorr. All comments and opinions are my own.
Menu planning is my sanity saver. I plan ahead so that when things get busy I don’t have to think, I just do! Without my meal plan, I find that I stand and stare aimlessly into the refrigerator hoping for inspiration that never comes. And let’s not even talk about what happens to my budget. There’s no way I would be able to function without a plan.
I typically include a few family favorites and dot in a new recipe here and there. When I need inspiration, one of my all-time favorite places to look for ideas is the Knorr recipe page. I know I will always find something that is quick, easy and absolutely delicious.
Take that Chicken Margherita Alfredo dish that you see above. It’s one of my favorite finds on the site. Ridiculously easy to prepare, it is a weeknight wonder that I can have on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Now the recipe is great as is, but sometimes I like to put my own spin on things. I have added broccoli and spinach before with great results. But my favorite is to add a little asparagus in the last 2 – 3 minutes of cook time. It’s a complete meal that checks all the boxes… quick, easy, delicious and affordable.
Whether you use them as a simple side, or my favorite way, as an easy meal starter, you get real flavor that tastes great! Pick up your favorites AND take the opportunity to try something new too!
Chicken Margherita Alfredo
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts -cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 pkg Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Alfredo Broccoli
- 10 oz grape tomatoes -halved
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves - thinly sliced
- SEASON chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken; set aside and keep warm.
- STIR water and milk into same skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Knorr® Italian Sides™ - Alfredo Broccoli and continue boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- STIR in chicken, tomatoes and basil and heat through; now it's delicious. Dig in!