This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
This is a busy time of year. The kids are headed back to school and many of us are trying to adapt to a new routine.
No more lazy summer days or sleeping in. Now I have to set an alarm clock and wake extra early to get my guys fed then out the door to carpool. While I will eventually get used to my schedule, the first few months are the hardest for me. Luckily I have a few tricks up my sleeve to try and make life a little easier.
One thing that I do is look to my slow cooker to make mealtime a little more manageable. Being able to throw ingredients in a pot and then come home to a hot meal takes the stress out of dinnertime. And when the meal is as delicious as that Slow Cooker Meatloaf you see above, that’s a big win in my day!
For all my fellow meatloaf lovers, you know that a typical meatloaf is fairly simple to prepare. Just add a few ingredients to a bowl, mix it all together, add it to the pan and bake. It probably only takes 10 to 15 minutes to gather ingredients and prep the meatloaf. Then you place it in the oven and wait for it to bake.
While it’s not difficult, it can be time consuming. So after a long day even an easy recipe like a meatloaf can seem overwhelming.
Why not take the stress out of the day and tackle the prep early, at your own leisure?
My standard meatloaf recipe and my slow cooker recipe are basically the same. Both use Lipton Recipe Secrets Soup and Dip Mix. A packet adds such amazing flavor without me having to gather and measure out a bunch of different seasonings and spices.
While Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix is what I use most often, I have been know to shake things up by using the Onion Mushroom or Beefy Onion variety instead. No matter which I choose, my meatloaf tastes amazing every single time.
Now is a great time to stock your pantry with all your favorite Lipton Recipe Soup & Dip Mix varieties. Grab all your faves so you have what you need on hand for your busy day.
Grab a few ingredients and add this tasty meal to your meal rotation this week. You’ll be thrilled when dinnertime rolls around and you have a tasty meal ready without a lot of effort.
Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- 2.5 lbs ground beef - I prefer ground chuck
- 1 packet Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup & Dip
- 1 cup milk
- 1.5 cups seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 cups ketchup
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp shallot - minced
- Line your slow cooker with heavy duty aluminum foil or parchment paper, allowing a 1-inch overhang for easily removal.
- Place all glaze ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place all meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and use your hands to mix, just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Place the mixture into the bottom of the lined slow cooker and gently shape into a loaf.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the glaze mixture onto the loaf and spread to cover the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Using the foil overhang, carefully lift the meatloaf from the slow cooker then transfer the meatloaf to a baking sheet and top with the remaining glaze.
- Broil for 1 - 2 minutes, until the glaze is bubbly.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly then slice and serve.