This post is sponsored by HOPE Hummus®. All comments and opinions are my own.
This is the perfect time of the year for backyard BBQs, watching sports, festivals and about a million different things that allow us to enjoy the amazing weather. There’s really nothing better than hanging out with good friends, having fun and making the most of a nice sunny day.
The trick is to have lots of cold beverages and tasty snacks on hand for everyone to enjoy. Quick, easy, and tasty is my motto when it comes to what I serve my guests. There’s no way I am spending a bunch of time in the kitchen so I opt for things that are super easy to make!
For me, anything made with hummus is a favorite. That’s why that tasty baked hummus dip you see above is a frequent addition to my menu. You guys know I am a huge fan of hummus and this dip is best made with the bold flavors of HOPE Hummus!
I typically use the original recipe, but really any HOPE Hummus will work! Made with only the freshest, organic and Non-GMO ingredients, HOPE Hummus give you an easy way flavor to any recipe or snack.
This is ideal for a game day gathering. It’s hearty and packed with great flavor that everyone will love. Bake up the dip and serve with chips, pita, veggies or whatever you love and watch it disappear!
BAKED CHICKPEA + MUSHROOM SHAWARMA HUMMUS DIP
- 2 8oz tubs HOPE Original Recipe Hummus
- 15 oz can of Chickpeas – rinsed, drained and dried
- 8 oz Mushrooms - cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Kalamata olives – pitted, whole and sliced
- Non-dairy feta cheese
- Red onion - can use pickled, sliced thin
- English cucumber – chopped
- Cherry tomatoes - halved
- Fresh herbs, can use: parsley, dill, mint, cilantro
- For the chickpea and mushroom shawarma: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix spices together and toss with rinsed and dried chickpeas and mushrooms along with 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl until fully coated. Arrange in an even layer on a sheet pan and bake for 25-30 min or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Set aside.
- For the baked hummus: In a baking dish or oven-safe tray, spread an even layer of Hope original hummus, top with cooked chickpea and mushroom shawarma, and feta cheese, bake for 10 min at 350 degrees until warmed through.
- Assemble the dip: Layer on your remaining fresh ingredients—cucumber, tomato, olives, red onion, adding additional feta cheese and fresh herbs on top. Serve warm with chips, pita, or crackers!
The folks at HOPE use special methods of cold, high pressure to retain fresh flavors, capture their unique made-at-home texture, and provide optimal nutrition and safety without the use of artificial preservatives. This technique is what makes their fresh taste different from other hummus products on the market!
With several different flavors to choose from, you can find something for all your snacking and recipe needs. Just pop by the deli department at Publix and pick up HOPE Hummus then pop the top and enjoy.
- HOPE Hummus Original Recipe
- HOPE Hummus Sea Salt & Olive Oil
- HOPE Hummus Spicy Avocado
Grab a couple of your favorites and be ready for any planned or last minute get togethers and serve up amazing taste. You might want to tuck away at least one tub for yourself so you’ll have enough to snack on when everyone is gone!