This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
I love this time of the year. The kids are back in school and we’re settling into a good routine. The weather is trying to cool off slightly. And… it’s football season baby!!
For the next couple of months, if we are not at a game then there’s a really good chance that we are at home watching a game! There’s so many choices right now— high school games, college games and the pros are all playing giving us lots of options to choose from.
Generally there is at least one “big” game that we are most excited about. We’ll usually plan a gathering or outing to make the most of that day. That kind of fun usually also includes friends and lots of tasty food. And when it comes to game day grub, I have an arsenal of tasty options that I can whip up in a flash!
Those Kickin’ Chicken Pinwheels that you see above are always a fan favorite! I love them because I can prep them ahead of time then pop them in the oven at kickoff for a tasty snack in a flash. Made with just 7 ingredients, this recipe may become your next tailgating/homegating must-have.
I have made this recipe with both canned and rotisserie chicken and the end result is equally delicious. So to keep things simple and economical, I am sharing the recipe using canned chicken. If you feel the urge, feel free to substitute with any other cooked chicken that you love. But, there is one thing that you can’t change. Skip the regular mayonnaise and pull out a bottle of Hellmann’s Spicy Mayonnaise when you make this recipe. You’ll love the flavor and heat that it adds to this dish. In fact, it’s the kick that those Kickin’ Chicken Pinwheels need!
Gather your ingredients and give this tasty snack a try at your next game day gathering. You may have some of the ingredients already on hand. And if you need another bottle of Hellmann’s Spicy Mayonnaise, you can grab it at a discount as part of the current Extra Savings Flyer. Look for all your favorite Hellmann’s Mayonnaise varieties on sale 2 for $6 through 9/23.
Hellmann’s Mayonnaise 11.5 oz, 2/$6
Just a tip… you might want to grab a couple of bottles as this may become a game day tradition!
Kickin' Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 sheet of puff pastry -thawed
- 10 oz canned chicken breast - drained
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's Spicy Mayonnaise
- 4 oz cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup Coly Jack cheese - shredded
- 4 pieces bacon - cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 green onions - chopped
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and roll out until even.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared pastry sheet to 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Starting at the long side, roll up like a jelly roll.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Using a serrated knife (or string), cut the pastry crosswise into 18 (1/2-inch) slices. Place the slices, cut-side down, onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then serve with additional Hellmann's Spicy Mayonnaise, if desired.