This post is sponsored by Success. All comments and opinions are my own.
Now that the boys are back in school and our schedule is busy again, I feel like my day is just flying by! I start my day and the next thing I know, it’s dinner time!
Things will be hectic through the end of the year so I am doing my best to keep my life as simple as possible. That means quick and easy meals are an absolute necessity right now.
With Success Quinoa I know that I can have a meal in a flash. I don’t have to wait 30 – 40 minutes for quinoa to cook. The boil-in-bag quinoa is ready in just 10 minutes… just enough time for me to prep the rest of the meal!
And while the time savings is what originally caught my attention. it’s the great taste that keeps this delicious quinoa on my shopping list. It’s a must have for so many of my favorite meals and recipes… like the Quinoa Taco Bake you see above.
I have been doing a meatless Monday meal for years and years. It helps me keep my budget low and allows me to get a little more variety in my family’s menu. I introduced this recipe as a meatless option for the week. Well, my guys love it so much that they will actually request it for Taco Tuesday. That makes this frugal momma very happy! Two meatless meals in a week…. score!
Look at the ingredients in this one—notice that there are not a ton of things needed. But the combination yields something really amazing. AND, the nice thing is that you can modify and change it to suit your taste.
Not a fan of jalapeños or cilantro, just leave them out. Prefer pinto beans instead of black beans? Cool… do your thing.
Same goes for the toppings. Some weeks, I opt for the basic baked version and then other times I like to cut a slice and overload it with lettuce, fresh tomatoes, guacamole and black olives. Feel free to make this recipe your own—just make it! I promise, you won’t regret it!
Start by boiling the Success Quinoa according to package. While it cooks, go ahead and chop your veggies and gather the rest of the ingredients. Then you just mix the cooked quinoa with beans, corn, bell pepper, onion and some spices.
Once you have everything prepped all that is left is to assemble the layers.
Start by placing a layer of tortillas in your casserole dish and pour on some enchilada sauce. That’s followed by a layer of your quinoa mixture and then a little shredded cheese. Repeat the layers twice then add a final layer of tortillas, more enchilada sauce and lots of cheese.
Pop the casserole in the oven and let it bake up until the cheese us bubbly. Cut and serve as is or top with your favorite taco fixings.
Quinoa Taco Bake
- 1 pouch Success Quinoa - cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup red onion - chopped
- 1 green bell pepper - chopped
- 1 cup black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tbsp fresh jalapeño - chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro - chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 19 oz red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheddar jack cheese - shredded
- 12 corn tortillas - halved
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- In a bowl, add the cooked quinoa, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, black beans, corn, jalapeño and all spices. Mix to combine.
- Spray an 8"x8" casserole dish with cooking spray and arrange 6 tortilla halves (3 cut tortillas) in the bottom of the dish.
- Pour a quarter of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
- Add 1/3 of the quinoa mixture then top with about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat the layers twice then top with another layer of tortillas, the remaining enchilada sauce and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Cool slightly, cut and serve.
- If desired top with your favorite taco fixings!
If you haven’t tried Success Quinoa, what are you waiting for? It’s packed with protein, all nine essential amino acids and is a good source of fiber making it perfect for any lifestyle choice whether you eat vegan, vegetarian or a mix of everything. I use it often as an alternative to rice in a variety of my recipes. That light, nutty flavor is absolutely perfect in all your favorite meals.
And now the perfect time to grab a box. Load the new digital coupon and grab savings the next time you shop!
$0.75/1 Success Rice Product (Publix Digital Coupon)
Look for Success Quinoa in the rice/pasta aisle at Publix and take advantage of the savings!