This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
During the summer, my grill gets a workout. I prefer to cook outside rather than heat up my kitchen. And really, you can’t beat the taste of meats and veggies seared on a hot grill.
But dinner isn’t the only good thing that comes off the grill. I use my grill to help me create a scrumptious dessert that’s packed with amazing flavor. If you like a pineapple upside down cake, you are going to LOVE my Grilled Pineapple UpsidePOUND Cake. This tropical delight is quick and easy and you don’t have turn on your oven or heat up your house for big flavor.
Grab a few ingredients and then fire up your grill for a super easy and super delicious dessert that’s ready in a flash.
To get started you want to grill up some pound cake and sliced pineapple. The grilling caramelizes the sugar and adds a fantastic texture. And when you pair that grilled goodness with a scoop of Talenti Caribbean Coconut Gelato, you’ll feel like you’ve traveled to a tropical paradise.
Grilled Pineapple UpsidePOUND Cake
- 10 inch pound cake cut into 12 slices
- 1 whole fresh pineapple sliced
- 16 oz Talenti Caribbean Coconut Gelato
- 1/4 cup Caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut -toasted
- maraschino cherries - for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place the sliced pineapple and pound cake slices on the grill and cook for 2 - 3 minutes per side, until lightly charred.
- Add two grilled pound cake slices to the plate with some of the grilled pineapple.
- Serve with a scoop of Talenti Gelato and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut over top and add a cherry for garnish.
Now is the perfect time to add this tasty treat to your menu. Look for a BOGO sale on Talenti Gelato as part of the current Publix ad.
Talenti Gelato or Sorbetto, 16oz, BOGO
Stock your freezer with creamy and delicious gelato flavors made with the highest quality ingredients from all over the world. With a big selection of tasty gelato and sorbetto available at Publix, you can grab your favorites and take the opportunity to try something new and delicious.