This is the time of the year when most of my cooking moves outside!
I use the grill as ofen as possible as a way to keep my kitchen clean AND cool. Afer all, my AC works hard enough to keep my house cool, no need to make it work harder by using the stove and oven.
While burgers are the most the most requested meal, I like to shake things up with tasty options like my Summer Slaw Dogs!
I love this meal for the easy prep and the fact that I can easily adjust based on how many folks I am serving. It’s ideal for summer cookouts when you are entertaining a large group and just as great as a regular weeknight meal with the family.
These are much more than basic hot dogs. With the addition of chili and my homemade coleslaw, you have a meal that’s hearty and packed with fantastic flavor. And since the slaw can be made ahead of time, you can have dinner ready in a flash… even on a busy weeknight!
Now the key to that tasty slaw is plenty of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, It creates a smooth creamy coleslaw that is absolutely
delicious! And since Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is on sale buy one, get one FREE, this is the perfect time to add this dish to your menu.
Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, 24 or 30 oz, BOGO $6.39+
Summer Slaw Dogs
- 14 oz shredded cabbage (coleslaw mix)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Grilled hot dogs
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Toss with the slaw and shredded carrots.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Grill the hot dogs and serve in buns topped with the chili
- Serve the slaw on the prepared chili dogs and enjoy!