This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
My all-time favorite pie is Blueberry Lemon with a big scoop of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. The flavor combination is absolutely spectacular. A little big sweet and a little bit tart, it’s the perfect summer dessert.
But while my ideal pie isn’t too difficult to prepare, it is time consuming. You are looking at a couple of hours for prep, cooking and cooling before you can finally cut into that tasty treat. So when I am hankering for that flavor combo, I opt for my Deconstructed Blueberry Lemon Pie A La Mode recipe instead! This tasty dessert is ready in minutes and gives you that same flavor that you love without all the work.
With the BOGO sale on Breyers Ice Cream this week at Publix, you have the perfect excuse to add this treat to your menu. I know I’ll be enjoying a big serving at least a couple of times this week!
Breyer’s Ice Cream, or Frozen Dairy Dessert, 1.5 qt, or Ice Cream Cups, 30 oz, BOGO $6.09 – $7.69
While there is a little bit of cooking needed, you are only looking at less than 10 minutes on the stove. Cook up your blueberry sauce and then layer it with some crumbled graham crackers, a little lemon curd and top with a big scoop of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and dessert is served!
Deconstructed Blueberry Lemon Pie A La Mode
- 4 scoops Breyers Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 8 graham crackers (large rectangles from sleeve) roughly crushed
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water + 1 teaspoon (divided)
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Whisk 1 tablespoon of water with the corn starch and lemon juice, set aside.
- Place the blueberries in a medium saucepan with the sugar and 1 teaspoon of water.
- Heat over medium, stirring continuously for 3 minutes until blueberries begin to release their juices. It's ok to break some of the berries as you stir.
- Stir in the corn starch mixture and stir continuously for another 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.
- Refrigerate until cooled slightly.
- To assemble the dessert, add 1/4 of the crushed graham crackers to a cup then top with about 3 tablespoons of the prepared blueberry sauce.
- Dollop 2 tablespoons of lemon curd over the blueberry sauce and top with a scoop of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Garnish with additional sauce and crushed graham crackers, if desired.
Be sure to pick up plenty of delicious Breyers Ice Cream while you can grab it at a great price. Stock your freezer and enjoy amazing taste all summer long!