This post is sponsored by Breyers. All comments and opinions are my own.
4th of July is coming up fast and if you haven’t made a plan for your dessert, I have an idea that is sure to be a hit with your family… a Watermelon Ice Cream Bombe!
This amazing treat doesn’t require any baking or cooking and needs just 4 ingredients. All you need is a few varieties of tasty Breyers Ice Cream, some delicious Talenti Gelato, a few chocolate chips and some patience!
I say patience because this treat requires that you layer that delicious ice cream gradually. There is some wait time involved as you need to let each layer freeze. But once it comes together you have a fun treat that will put a smile on everyone’s face! You get amazing flavor in a treat that looks like watermelon once it’s sliced and served.
Hit the frozen aisle at Publix and pull out some mixing bowls and you’ll have a tasty treat with just a little efort!
And you can save some money when you make this treat thanks to the BOGO sale on Breyers Ice Cream. Grab a couple of tubs of that delicious ice cream and bring a little holiday fun to your table!
Breyers Ice Cream, 1.5 qt, BOGO $6.09
Watermelon Ice Cream Bombe
- 1.5 qt Breyers Strawerry Ice Cream -slightly softened
- 1.5 qt Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream, -slightly softened
- 1 pints Talenti Pacific Coast Pistachio Gelato
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Line a 2-quart melamine or metal mixing bowl with plastic wrap, allowing a 2 inch overhang (for easy removal).
- Fold the chocolate chips into the softened strawberry ice cream then spoon into the prepared bowl and use a rubber spatula to spread the ice cream until even across the top.
- Place the filled bowl into the freezer and allow to freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Line a 2.5-quart melamine or metal mixing bowl with plastic wrap, allowing a 2 inch overhang (for easy removal)
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the vanilla ice cream along the bottom and sides of the bowl creating a layer that is approximately 1-inch thick.
- Remove the strawberry ice cream from the freezer, remove the plastic wrap and place the molded strawberry ice cream down into the prepared vanilla layer. Press gently to pack the layers then place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Line a 3-quart melamine or metal mixing bowl with plastic wrap, allowing a 2 inch overhang (for easy removal).
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the pistachio gelato along the bottom and sides of the bowl creating a layer that is approximately 1-inch thick.
- Remove the strawberry/vanilla molded ice cream from the freezer, remove the plastic wrap and place the molded ice cream down into the prepared gelato layer. Press gently to pack the layers then place in the freezer for a minimum of 8 hours or until set.
- To serve, remove the molded bombe from the bowl and invert onto a plate. Peel off the plastic wrap then slice and serve!
This is such a fun way to serve a group and can be made ahead of time so it’s ready when you need it. It’s the perfect option for a holiday gathering or just whenever you want a cool treat.
Remember the warm water is here to stay! Take advantage of the BOGO sale and keep plenty of Breyers on hand so you have great taste available whenever you want.