This post is sponsored by Grillo’s Pickles. All comments and opinions are my own.
4th of July is right around the corner! While standard burgers and hot dogs are the normal go-to option at a holiday cookout, I like to shake things up. This year I plan on adding some delicious Red, White & Bleu Grilled Chicken Burger to my menu!
Chicken burgers are really easy to prepare and can be super tasty when done correctly. You just have to have a few key ingredients and you’ll get a juicy and delicious burger every single time. But, it’s not the burger that is the star of this recipe… it’s actually the toppings. My Red, White & Bleu Grilled Chicken Burger includes the perfect combination of flavors and textures for a tasty and super festive meal that is sure to be a hit at your holiday gathering!
My recipe starts with delicious Grillo’s Pickles. Obviously, they are a must have topping but I also use the brine to flavor the chicken meat before it’s grilled. The result is fantastic flavor that just can’t be beat.
Red, White & Bleu Grilled Chicken Burger
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp onion -grated
- 1 tbsp Grillo's pickle brine (juice from pickle container)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic -minced
- 4 buns
- 4 oz crumbled bleu cheese
- tomatoes -sliced
- Grillo's Pickle Chips
- onions sliced
- lettuce or arugula
- mayonnaise, mustard or preferred burger condiment
- In a medium bowl, add the ground chicken, onion. pickle brine, mayonnaise, bread crumbs and garlic. Using your hands, gently mix the ingredients until combine- taking care not to overwork.
- Form into 4 equal size patties and place on wax or parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and cook for 4 - 5 minutes per side until cooked through and internal temperature is at least 165F.
- Dress the bottom bun with mayo then add lettuce, tomatoes and a cooked burger patty. Sprinkle an ounce of bleu cheese crumbles over the burger, add Grillo's Pickle Chips and the top bun. Serve and enjoy!
With a 100-year-old family recipe, Grillo’s Pickles have been creating the freshest pickles around. Made with simple, garden-fresh ingredients and no artificial anything, these pickles are made cold, shipped cold, and sold cold for the ultimate crunch.
Look for a big selection of delicious Grillo’s Pickles at your local Publix –
- Grillo’s Pickles Pickle Spears, Fresh, Classic Dill
- Grillo’s Pickles Pickle Spears, Classic Dill, Hot
- Grillo’s Fresh Pickle Chips, Classic Dill
- Grillo’s Mild Pickle de Gallo
- Grillo’s Medium thick-and-chunky Pickle de Gallo
Grillo’s Pickles delivers all the crunchy, tangy, satisfying flavor you’ve been searching for, with none of the junk. The perfect addition to any recipe… or just straight from the container!
Why not shake up your holiday menu and give my Red, White & Bleu Grilled Chicken Burger at try?! Head into Publix and grab a few ingredients and serve up big flavor at your 4th of July gathering.
Look for Grillo’s Pickles in the refrigerated meat section at Publix. Don’t grill this 4th of July without Grillo’s!