This post is sponsored by Nakano®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Most of us start trying to eat healthier once the weather warms up. Maybe it’s because we are more active… or maybe it’s because we know swimsuit season is right around the corner?!
But, healthy meals often get a bad rap. Too often they are considered bland and boring. Luckily, with some key ingredients you can serve up delicious meals that are big on flavor AND better for you.
That’s why I’m super excited to bring you this light and refreshing Peanut Zoodle Bowls with Crispy Baked Tofu recipe. Not only is it a super tasty, healthy meal… it’s perfect for summer dining!
My recipe skips the traditional noodles and uses vegetables instead. Zucchini and carrots offer a low calorie, low carb alternative to regular pasta and is packed with nutrition. I pair the zoodles with a helping of crispy tofu for a protein punch that tastes absolutely amazing. But it’s the peanut sauce made with Nakano® Rice Vinegar that really steals the show!
To create a clean flavor that is smoother and slightly sweet compared to other vinegars, Nakano® Rice Vinegar product is slowly brewed according to traditional practice. Made with real rice and the finest ingredients, each bottle is perfectly made to make your meals full of flavor.
With different varieties, from the slight sweetness of Nakano® Seasoned Rice Vinegar, to the savory richness of roasted garlic, they have a flavor for every palate and recipe!
If you want an authentic flavor, perfect for all your favorite dishes choose Nakano® Rice Vinegar. Since 1804 they have perfected classic, clean taste with unique, contemporary ingredients.
For a tasty and hearty meal that’s ready in a flash, you only need a few ingredients. To get started, simply pull out your vegetable spiralizer and cut a few zucchini and carrots then toss with a little Nakano® Rice Vinegar. Add to your bowl with some chickpeas, crispy baked tofu and drizzle with my delectable peanut sauce and mealtime is quick, easy and absolutely delicious!
Peanut Zoodle Bowls with Crispy Baked Tofu
Crispy Baked Tofu
- 16 oz super firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 2 cups spiralized zucchini
- 2 cups spiralized carrots
- 1 tbsp Nakano® Rice Wine Vinegar
- 16 oz can chickpeas -rinsed and drained
- green onion -sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp Nakano® Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
CRISPY BAKED TOFU
- For the baked tofu, start by slicing the tofu block into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubes on a clean tea towel and then cover with a second towel. Add a heavy pan or weight on top and allow to sit for 15 minutes in order to help press out as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the pressed cubes into a large bowl and add the olive oil and soy sauce then mix to coat.
- Sprinkle the corn starch and peanut butter powder over the cubes and toss to coat.
- Transfer the coated cubes to the prepare pan and bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through the bake time.
- To create the peanut sauce, place all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and stir to combine.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir again.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds then whisk until creamy and smooth. Add additional water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Toss the vegetables noodles with the Nakano Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Add the noodle to a bowl with the chickpeas.
- Add the crispy baked tofu and drizzle with the prepared peanut sauce.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, sliced green onion and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Head over to the vinegar aisle at your local Publix and look for your favorite Nakano® Rice Vinegar for this and all your favorite meals!