This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinion are my own.
Most weeks I like my guys decide what they want for pizza night. But on occasion, I choose what goes on the menu. When it’s my turn to choose, I actually go for a dish that looks like a pizza but is even better… a delicious Tomato Tart!
This is probably one of my all time favorite meals and I make it constantly in the summer when my garden is bursting with tomatoes. But, the weather has been so nice and I spotted some of the most beautiful heirloom tomatoes the other day, I decided now was the perfect time to add the tart to my menu.
Making a tart crust is ridiculously easy. I would bet you have everything on hand right now. All it takes is three ingredients—flour, butter, salt, and water.
Mix it up, roll it out and you are on your way to a delicious meal!
Mix up the Hellmann’s Mayonnaise with some shredded cheese, basil and salt and pepper. Then spread it out on the prepared dough.
Layer on the sliced tomatoes and then fold the extra dough over top. A little egg wash and then it goes into the oven.
Bake it up and one it’s cool you just slice and serve for the most amazing dish ever!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks COLD unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 6 – 8 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (+ additional for serving)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- Lay out the sliced tomatoes on a layers of paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes – this will help remove the moisture so your tart isn’t soggy.
- Whisk together the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add 1 1/2 cups of flour and the salt to a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the cold butter and pulse to process just until the butter is the size of peas, about 5 seconds.
- Add the ice water and pulse until moistened, another 5 seconds.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead just until the dough comes together to form a ball.
- Press the dough into a disk and move to a lightly floured work surface.
- Roll out the dough into a 15-inch circle about 1/4-inch thick.
- Use your rolling pin to transfer the dough to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, chopped basil, shredded cheese, garlic and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the prepared dough then arrange the sliced tomatoes on top in overlapping concentric circles to within 3 inches of the edge.
- Gently fold the excess dough over the tomatoes and brush the dough with the prepared egg wash.
- Chill the tart in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400º F then place the prepared tart into the oven and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Cool slightly, top with fresh basil then slice and serve.
Summer is just around the corner and I promise you, once you taste this amazing tart you are going to want to add it to your menu often. Luckily we have a BOGO sale on Hellmann’s so you can stock your pantry and be ready to serve up this and all your favorite summer recipes!
Hellmann’s Mayonnaise 15 – 20 oz, BOGO
While you are shopping, you’ll want to stock up on your favorite frozen treats while you can grab a deal! First load your digital coupon and you’ll be ready to save. Keep in mind that Talenti product are BOGO this week so you might want to double dip and score a super deal when you shop!
$2/2 Breyers, Magnum, Ben & Jerry’s and Talenti Products Publix Digital Coupon
Talenti Gelato or Gelato Layers or Sorbetto, 10.8 to 16 oz, BOGO $4.99 +
–$2/2 Breyers, Magnum, Ben & Jerry’s and Talenti Products Publix Digital Coupon
As low as $1.50 per item after sale and coupon.
Enjoy a big slice of Tomato Tart and then finish with a scoop of Talenti Gelato and you have the ultimate meal that your whole family will love.
Look for Hellmann’s and Talenti on sale as part of the Publix ad valid 5/12 to 5/18 (5/11 to 5/17 for some).