This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Saving money is so important right now and most of us welcome any opportunity for savings. That’s why I love shopping at Publix! Every week they roll out lots of new deals, so that each shopping trip I can walk out with everything I need, and save some moolah while doing it!
Take this deal on Smithfield Bacon. This week that tasty bacon is on sale 2/$12 this week at Publix! That means we can stock up at a great price. Buy a couple of packs to use over the next week and then tuck a few in the freezer to use later. Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you have what you need for great taste any time of the day!
Smithfield Bacon, 12 to 16 oz, 2/$12
Savings and great tasting bacon… that’s a win/win in my book!
No matter what variety you choose, you get delicious bacon every time. That’s because Smithfield is the leading provider of premium pork products, offering the most important part of any meal: premium, high-quality meat! They love making bacon almost as much as we love eating it!
Smithfield Bacon has a rich flavor that can only be attained by their natural smoking process. Available in a wide variety of flavors they are perfect for any dish!
Speaking of variety…they have added three new favorites to the Smithfield bacon line!
- Maple Thick Cut Bacon – Made with Real Maple Syrup, Naturally Hickory Smoked
- Double Thick Double Smoked – Bacon Lovers Bacon: Longer Smoke Cycle, Double Thick & Double Smoked
- Applewood Center Cut Bacon – Naturally Applewood Smoked, 25% Reduced Fat
And if you need a delicious and BEAUTIFUL way to enjoy that delicious bacon, why not whip up my Bacon and Chive Cheese Tart?! I really think maybe I should call it Bacon and Chive Cheese Tart ART! It almost looks too good to eat, but you’ll definitely want to cut into that bad boy. The combination of the salty bacon with the creamy cheese and that onion zing is ridiculously delicious.
Perfect for a brunch with friends or just as a change of pace for a weeknight meal, this dish is sure to impress!
Take advantage of the sale on Smithfield Bacon and grab a few additional ingredients and serve up something delicious!
- 8 slices of Smithfield Center Cut Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- handful of chives
- thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface. Roll out the puff pastry to 4-5 mm depth then score a 1-inch border, making sure not to cut through the pastry. Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the scored border with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the pastry bakes, add the ricotta, mascarpone, parmesan, lemon zest, crumbled Smithfield Bacon, pepper and 1 tablespoon of chives to a medium bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and press down the middle then fill with the cheese mixture, spreading to the cut border.
- Top with the chives and sliced onion so it resembles a bouquet of flowers.
- Place the tart back in the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes,
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.