This post is sponsored by Hatfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
We all have different ways that we celebrate the holidays. Different activities, various traditions and a variety of special foods that make the day memorable.
For many of us, those holiday celebrations span several days and can include gatherings with multiple groups of friends and family. I’ll be hosting a big dinner and joining some buddies for a more intimate gathering. Plus, I’ll have a meal planned just to celebrate with my guys.
We’ll meet up with friends on Friday night and my family gathering will take place on Saturday. So by Easter Sunday, everyone will have had their fill of ham. That’s why I’ll skip the traditional meal and serve up a more modern take on a holiday dinner with my Tuscan Pork Shepherd’s Pie!
My Tuscan Pork Shepherd’s Pie is a delicious meal that combines several holiday favorites in one dish!
And what’s nice is that this meal won’t have you stuck in the kitchen all day. Thanks to Hatfield’s delicious All Natural Dry Rubbed Pork Tenderloins & Loin Filets, this one comes together with ease. You only need a few minutes of prep and then it goes in the oven. You end up with a savory shepherd’s pie that is sure to be a family favorite.
If you are looking for ideas for your Easter dinner, look no further than this Tuscan Pork Shepherd’s Pie recipe! Liven up your holiday menu and enjoy a delicious break from tradition!
Be sure to clip your digital coupon before you shop and you’ll save on your next purchase of any Hatfield® Pork Item at Publix.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Hatfield Tuscan Herb Dry Rub Seasoned Pork Tenderloin, diced into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté the pork until browned then remove to plate.
- Add the butter to the same pan then cook the mushrooms, onion and garlic until the veggies are soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to the chicken broth and whisk to combine.
- Sir in the peas, carrot, thyme and the chicken broth mixture and simmer for for 3 – 5 minutes until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pork back to the mixture then spoon into a 2 quart greased casserole dish.
- Pipe or spread the the mashed potatoes over the pork mixture and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Look for three varieties of Hatfield Marinated Pork in the meat department at your local Publix.
- TEXAS SMOKEHOUSE BBQ SEASONED DRY RUB PORK LOIN FILET
- TUSCAN HERB DRY RUB SEASONED PORK TENDERLOIN
- HONEY GARLIC TERIYAKI DRY RUB SEASONED PORK TENDERLOIN
Every variety of Hatfield Marinated Pork is packed with great flavors right out of the package. You get amazing taste and you just can’t beat the convenience. No matter which you choose, you’ll enjoy a delicious meal every time!
The good people at Hatfield are driven by a conviction that their business isn’t just about their quality products, but it’s about a commitment to animal care and accountability to farmers, community and you! For more than 125 years, Hatfield has been setting the standard when it comes to quality and customer satisfaction.
Stop by your local Publix and stock up on Hatfield Marinated Pork for all your holiday needs!