This post is sponsored by Castello®. All comments and opinions are my own.
I have great news for all my fellow cheese lovers! Visit the Publix Digital Coupon page and load a coupon to save a buck on your favorite Castello Cheese!
That’s right, you can save $1 on delicious Castello cheeses including Havarti, Gouda, Edam or Blue. Grab whatever variety you love and save when you shop at Publix.
Not sure what to choose? Don’t worry, you can’t go wrong no matter what you pick. But, if you need a suggestion, I say grab some Castello Havarti Cheese. Smooth and creamy, this cheese is delicious on salads, sandwiches and great in various meals and recipes. Slice it, shred it or cube it, you’ll enjoy a deliciously mild flavor no matter how it’s served.
If you are looking for an AMAZING way to put that cheese to use, you gotta try my Cheesy Corn Balls!
These scrumptious bite-sized nuggets of goodness are incredibly popular here at my house. I’ll often serve them up as a side dish with chicken or fish and they are always the star of the plate. They are also great for entertaining. They make for great little appetizers and never last long when served up!
- 2 ears corn
- 1/4 cup Castello Havarti, shredded
- 5 oz Castello Havarti, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 Tbs bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp corn starch, divided
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour, divided
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs (more if needed)
- oil for frying
- Place the mashed potatoes, shredded cheese, bell pepper and garlic in a large bowl.
- Cut the kernels from the ears of corn.
- Use the dull edge of the knife scrape any excess pulp from the ear.
- Add the corn and the corn pulp to the potato mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the garlic, parsley, oregano,1 tablespoon of the corn starch and 1 tablespoon of the flour to the mixture and mix well to combine–the mixture should be thick almost like a dough.
- With your hands lightly oiled, roll the mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Create a well in each ball and insert a cheese cube into the hole.
- Push the mixture around to cover the cheese and roll to recreate the ball.
- In a small bow, mix the remaining tablespoon of flour and cornstarch with the water to create a thin paste.
- Roll each ball in the paste and then roll in the breadcrumbs, making sure to coat the ball very well.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the balls until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Hailing from Denmark, Castello is dedicated to making some of the most unique, gourmet cheeses around. They’re constantly striving to blend traditional favorites with innovative new combinations to satisfy cheese lovers the world over.
Clip the digital coupon and visit the specialty cheese department at your local Publix where you’ll find a big selection of delicious Castello Cheeses.
Be sure to try my Cheesy Corn Balls and then come back and let me know what you think. If you need more inspiration, visit the recipe page on Castello.com for tons of tasty options for every occasion.