This post is sponsored by Hatfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Meatball appetizers are one of my favorite things to serve up at my get togethers. Not only are they an easy make-ahead party food, the options and flavor combinations are endless.
Having made who knows how many of millions of meatballs in my life, these Jalapeño-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Pork Meatball Poppers are definitely a fan-favorite. I love them because they are BIG on flavor… and c’mon who can resist anything wrapped in bacon?! I mean, bacon and meatballs are each perfect on their own. But, when you pair them together, every bite is a party in your mouth!
So this game day, skip the bland and boring meatballs and serve up my amazing homemade Jalapeño-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Pork Meatball Poppers. These little meatball bites are so juicy and flavorful you can’t help but reach for more!
- 8 slices of Hatfield Bacon, cut in half
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 jalapeños, chopped (seeded and membranes removed)
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Add the cream cheese, jalapeño and Colby Jack Cheese to a medium bowl and stir to combine, set aside.
- To make the meatballs, place the ground pork, breadcrumbs, milk, minced onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix by hand to combine.
- Roll mixture into 16 meatballs.
- Using your finger, create a well and add about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture to the opening and then use your fingers to close the meatball around the cheese filling.
- Roll gently to reshape and then wrap the meatball with a half sliced of Hatfield Bacon, tucking to seal the bacon.
- Place the wrapped meatballs on a baking rack sealed seam side down.
- Place the rack on a shallow baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 22 – 25 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and meatball is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you want something that will ‘wow’ your crowd, then you definitely want to try my recipe! It’s a game day snack that everyone will enjoy. The recipe requires very little effort to make and is even easier to serve. Stick a toothpick in the meatballs and you have an amazing appetizer that’s easy to eat! Serve with your favorite sauce and you are in business.
The best part is definitely the flavor… AND the key to that amazing flavor is Hatfield Bacon. You guys already know that if it was up to me, I’d just add bacon to everything!
Not only is their bacon super tasty, Hatfield has believed in doing the right thing for over 125 years. That includes raising their animals on family farms with no added hormones or steroids for growth. So you can feel good serving their products to your family and friends all season long.
Check your local Publix and look for three delicious varieties. No matter which you choose for your game day appetizers, you’ll get flavor that is sure to please!
- Applewood Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
- Hardwood Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
- Hardwood Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
Hey, bacon makes everything better, and these Jalapeño-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Pork Meatball Poppers are no exception! Need more inspiration for your game day menu? Check out these other tasty recipes with delicious Hatfield Bacon and get your party started off the right!