This post is sponsored by Hatfield Bacon. All comments and opinions are my own.
The Big Game is just around the corner so it’s time to start planning your game day menu!
If you are like me, you want to serve up foods that are delicious but still easy to prepare. I definitely don’t want to have to spend a ton of time prepping and cooking while the game is on. I’d rather spend my time entertaining and hanging out with friends watching all the action.
A cheese ball is one of my go-to options when I entertain. Besides tasting absolutely amazing, they are a great option because you can make them ahead of time. And with just a little bit of effort you can turn an ordinary cheeseball into something that is fun and festive. My Game Day Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is the ultimate party centerpiece. With very little effort, you have a football-shaped snack is sure to score a touchdown at your watch party!
- 12 slices Hatfield Bacon, cooked crisp and finely chopped (divided)
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Place 3/4 of the bacon and the chopped pecans to a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Spoon the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap to cover completely. Once covered you can use your hands to press and form the mixture into the shape of a football.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- About 20 minute before serving, take the cheese ball from the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap and gently press the bacon/pecan mixture into the cheese ball, covering all sides.
- Serve with crackers, chips, pretzels, etc.
And while it looks amazing, it’s the taste that will have your party guests doing a dance. Tasty cheese paired with the amazing flavor of Hatfield Bacon really just can’t be beat.
Hatfield is a 6th generation, Family Owned, American Made company driven by a conviction that their business isn’t just about quality pork products, but it’s about accountability to their animals, farmers, community and you! Their products are simple. Simple to cook, simple to enjoy.
Remember when you choose Hatfield, you get pork with a pledge.
For over 125 years, Hatfield has believed in doing the right thing, not the new thing. In this case, that means raising their animals on family farms with no added hormones or steroids for growth. It’s a product you can feel good serving to your family and friends all season long.
Available in three delicious varieties, you can use any that you love for a game day snack that is sure to please!
- Applewood Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
- Hardwood Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
- Hardwood Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
Stop by Publix and grab a few ingredients and you’ll be the game day MVP when you serve up this tasty Game Day Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball. If you make it for your gathering, be sure to share on social media and tag me (@iheartpublix)… I’d love to see your versions!