This post is sponsored by Galbani® Cheese. All comments and opinions are my own.
Grilled chicken is one of those foods that show up pretty often on my menu. It’s quick and versatile and something that all my guys enjoy. But, on it’s own it’s pretty boring. While you can throw it between a couple of pieces of bread or on a bun with some cheese—if you want to add big flavor to your meal, just grab an eggplant and reach for Galbani Cheese!
Yep, one of my favorite ways to serve grilled chicken is part of a tasty meal of Chicken Eggplant Caprese. It takes the basic Caprese combination and kicks it up a few notches. And the best part is that you can grill up your eggplant and tomatoes while you cook the chicken and get everything done at once.
When you have all the items grilled, all that’s left is to assemble everything and top with that creamy, delicious Galbani Fresh Mozzarella.
With just a little effort, you end up with a dish that tastes absolutely amazing and is anything but boring!
- 8 oz. Galbani Fresh Mozzarella Ball
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small pieces chicken cutlets, pounded
- 1 firm medium eggplant, sliced approximately ¼” thick
- 1 small handful of fresh basil, torn or chopped
- ½ lemon
- Place crushed garlic in small pan with ⅓ cup olive oil. Heat oil to infuse with garlic flavor, then cool.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken with garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush eggplant slices with garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil.
- Grill cutlets and eggplant slices 3 – 4 minutes on each side. Chicken should be firm and marked. Eggplant should be tender and marked.
- Grill tomatoes, 1 minute each side.
- Layer eggplant, then chicken, then tomato topped with fresh mozzarella.
- Place stacks on platter and cover with foil so cheese melts slightly.
- Garnish with basil, salt, and pepper.
For this recipe, Galbani fresh mozzarella cheese is a must have ingredient.
Galbani 1882 fresh mozzarella cheese had a delicate taste and moist, soft texture that pairs perfectly with the eggplant and the grilled tomatoes. The taste and texture combination is just amazing and will take all those non-eggplant lovers and convert them into eggplant fanatics! In fact, this dish and my Eggplant Rollatini (using Galbani block mozzarella, of course) are the two sure-fire ways to get my guys to gobble up lots of that tasty veggie. And you know I am always happy to serve up meals that will get my guys to eat their vegetables.
I also love this recipe as it’s simple enough to serve as a weekly family meal but is also quite elegant, and is a fantastic dish for entertaining! Galbani 1882 fresh mozzarella cheese is available in a sliced 8-ounce ball and a sliced 16-ounce log, so you can easily adjust the recipe based on the number of folks you are serving.
Look for both sizes of Galbani 1882 fresh mozzarella cheese in the specialty cheese section at your local Publix. Yep, it’s no longer in the dairy section. Both the fresh mozzarella AND the block mozzarella have moved and are easy to find in the deli area at Publix. Now you can grab delicious mozzarella for all your favorite meals and recipes.
Need a quick refresher on which mozzarella to use in your various meals? It’s easy… choose the delicious fresh mozzarella when you need a soft, delicate cheese for snacking, fresh salads, pizza Margherita and that Chicken Eggplant Caprese you see above. Then when you are baking or cooking with mozzarella, Galbani block mozzarella is the cheese to choose.
Galbani block mozzarella has a lower moisture level than the fresh cheese, allowing for easier slicing and shredding making it perfect for a variety of hot dishes. Use it all all your favorite casseroles, pasta bakes, lasagna, grilled cheese and much, much more!
No matter what you are serving, Galbani Cheese will make all your favorite meals and recipes taste amazing. Stop by the deli at your local Publix and look for the varieties and sizes you need to serve up something delicious!
Don’t forget… you have a chance to bring home lots of FREE Galbani Cheese! FIVE lucky readers will win a $50 Publix Gift Card that can be used to grab plenty of delicious cheese. Head over HERE and enter for your chance to win!