This post is sponsored by RAGÚ. All comments and opinions are my own.
Whoever created the classic chicken parmesan is some kind of unsung hero of the world kitchen, at least that’s how I see it. There’s something about the combination of a juicy, tender chicken breast topped with marinara sauce and plenty of melted parmesan and mozzarella cheese that hits the spot just right every time. It’s so good it’s not just comfort food, it’s comfort cuisine.
But, if there’s one problem with chicken parmesan, it’s that it doesn’t lend itself well to entertaining a group. That’s what makes this Chicken Parmesan Pinwheels recipe the perfect solution. It’s all the best part of chicken parmesan with the convenience (and fun!) of finger food. With just a few ingredients and a little prep, you have a tasty meal or appetizer that is sure to please. All you need to make it perfect is some extra sauce on the side, and for me the go-to has to be RAGÚ.
Why? For starters, with RAGÚ I don’t have to sacrifice taste and quality for affordability. Each sauce is bursting with rich, authentic flavors thanks to classic Italian ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, vine-ripe tomatoes, onions, garlic, and basil. Plus, RAGÚ doesn’t junk up their sauces with a bunch of added sugar.
And you just can’t beat the price, at least compared to some other brands in the pasta aisle. For the price of one of those “premium” sauces, I can grab a few different jars of RAGÚ to keep my pantry stocked from one shopping trip to the next, and I never have to look far for some inspiration when I need a quick, satisfying dinner option.
Whether you’re planning an Italian feast or whipping up crowd-pleasing appetizers for game day, RAGÚ is the not-so-secret ingredient to bring the most out of your favorite dishes. Pick up a few jars during your next Publix run and I think you’ll agree that authentic flavor crafted with quality ingredients doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg.
Grab some RAGÚ and a few ingredients and give my Chicken Parmesan Pinwheels a try. They are perfect as an appetizer OR a fun way to shake up your usual weeknight meal.
- 1 cup RAGÚ Sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Add the RAGÚ sauce, chicken and mozzarella to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Roll out the pizza dough to a rectangle approximately 9"x13" in size.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the dough.
- Starting at a short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Cut into about 16 (1/2-inch) slices. Place the slices, cut-side down onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until the pinwheels are golden brown.
- Remove from the baking sheets, sprinkle with additional parmesan and fresh basil, if desired.
- Serve warm.