This post is sponsored by Amish Country. All comments and opinions are my own.
I love a good breakfast of bacon and eggs. But trying to serve all my guys at the same time makes me feel like a short-order cook. Instead, I opt for meals like those Breakfast Bombs you see above. It’s the easy way to feed my crew a hearty breakfast and we all can sit and eat a warm meal… at the same time!
The nice thing about this dish is that it’s easy to vary the filling so you can enjoy a totally different meal every time you make it.
To get started, you need a can of refrigerated biscuits, eggs and some Amish Country Cheese. Then you can add any other fillings that you love. Breakfast meats like sausage and bacon are always a hit at my house. But, veggies, peppers and cooked potatoes are also a good option as well.
When it comes to the type of cheese, that is also a matter of preference. You really can’t go wrong no matter which of the Amish Country varieties that you choose. For the recipe that I am sharing today, I went with the Swiss Colby. It’s a combination of two tasty cheeses and pairs beautifully with the savory bacon.
- 1 can large refrigerated biscuits, 8 ct
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Amish Country Swiss Colby, grated
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet and scramble the eggs just until set.
- Fold in the crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
- Press each biscuit into a flat round about ¼" in thickness.
- Add a heap of the filling to the center of each biscuit round and pull the edges over and around the filling. Pinch to seal the edges.
- Place the filled dough ball seam side down into a lightly greased 8" pie plate.
- Repeat with all 8 dough rounds.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and brush the tops of the filled breakfast bombs then sprinkle with the everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes, or until cooked through and dough is golden brown.
Feel free to use my recipe as a starting point and whip up your own Breakfast Bombs. With just a little effort, you can serve up a delicious meal that your whole family will love. Just don’t forget the Amish Country Cheese!
The folks at Amish Country craft premium cheeses with a commitment to quality and value. With a big selection in the dairy asile at Publix, you’ll find just what you need for all your favorite meals and recipes.
Cream Havarti — A naturally mild and creamy semi-soft cheese, Cream Havarti is aged for around three months and pairs beautifully with fruit and wine when sliced for easy holiday entertaining.
Amish Swiss — Amish Country’s Amish Swiss is their take on the distinctive alpine-style cheese, blending a mildly sweet and nutty flavor with a smooth, buttery texture.
Colby — Softer than cheddar with a higher moisture content, Colby has a mild flavor that makes it a natural choice for cheeseburgers and grilled cheese sandwiches.
Colby Jack — Colby Jack is exactly what it sounds like: A combination of colby and monterey jack cheeses. The result is the ideal choice for casseroles and is especially popular with Mexican dishes.
Swiss Colby — Last but not least, Amish Country’s newest offering combines the sweet, slightly nutty flavor of Swiss with the mild, creamy flavor of Colby for a uniquely appealing flavor profile.