This post is sponsored by Truvia®. All comments and opinions are my own.
The holiday baking season is almost here, and I couldn’t be more excited. I have a whole cookbook dedicated to my favorite holiday recipes. But, I also like to get creative each year and come up with some fresh ones to surprise and delight my family and friends. My oven gets a serious workout this time of year, but no one around here is complaining.
Of course I have to watch what I eat as those calories can add up quickly. Luckily I have a secret weapon when it comes to my holiday baked goods—Truvia® Sweeteners! With Truvia® Sweet Complete® you get sweetness without sugar and zero calories per serving. Use it to sweeten whatever…wherever…whenever!
With two options to choose from: Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener and Truvia® Sweet Complete® Brown Sweetener, you get sweetness without the calories of sugar.
That’s because Truvia® is sweetened with stevia and used just like sugar. So if your recipe calls for a cup of sugar, just use a cup of Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated All-Purpose. And when the recipe lists brown sugar, grab a bag of Truvia® Sweet Complete® Brown. Both are used in a 1:1 ratio so there’s no confusing conversions required. Truvia® Sweet Complete® products measure cup-for-cup like sugar and bake and brown in recipes.
Right now you can choose either product and get big savings. No matter which variety you choose, both are easy to use, tastes great and allows you to reduce sugar, not flavor in all your favorite recipes.
Looking for a way to put that deal to use? These Brown Sugar-Free Pecan Cookies are super easy to make and packed with amazing flavor. This recipe makes a big batch of cookies, In fact, you’ll have enough to enjoy with your family plus plenty to gift to friends and neighbors!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener
- ½ cup Truvia® Sweet Complete® Brown Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans, TOASTED
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt, set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add Truvia® Sweet Complete® Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener and Truvia® Sweet Complete® Brown Sweetener and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in ½ cup of chopped pecans.
- Cover and chill a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately add ¼ teaspoon of toasted chopped pecans to the top of the warm cookie, pressing lightly to embed.
- Cool 2 minutes on pan and then remove to wire racks.