The holiday season is all about making memories! Spending time with family and friends celebrating beloved traditions makes this time of year so very special.
But sometimes it’s good to make new traditions. So if you are feeling like your holiday menu needs a little update, visit www.holiday-entertaining.com for inspiration, recipes and savings to help plan your NEW holiday menu!
Visit the website for an inspiring Holiday tablescape video. Plus, download a FREE digital recipe book including unique holiday recipes and menu ideas.
Looking for a tasty side to add to shake up your holiday menu? Kick those boring mashed potatoes to the curb and bake up a batch of Au Gratin Potatoes with Cheddar-Stout Sauce instead. Made with Cabot Cheese, these potatoes are super creamy and oh so delicious! So while the turkey may take center stage, these potatoes will definitely give that bird a run for it’s money.
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Cabot Unsalted Butter 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup dark beer, such as stout or porter
- 11⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- (about 2 cups)
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an 11×7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange potato slices, slightly overlapping, in prepared dish.
- MELT butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add thyme and onion; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
- STIR in flour and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until flour is golden; whisk in beer. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- REMOVE pan from heat. STIR in pepper and 1 1⁄2 cups cheese. Pour cheese sauce evenly over potato slices. Cover and bake 45 minutes or until potato is tender. Top with remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese.
- BAKE, uncovered, 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Don’t be afraid to step outside the box and try something new. Find lots of other great holiday entertaining recipes and menu ideas in the Holiday Entertaining Guide Flip Book.
Remember, Publix has everything you need to serve up a holiday feast that is sure to impress. And to help you bring home great taste without breaking the bank, visit the savings page where you’ll find the following offers:
PUBLIX DIGITAL COUPON
- $0.75/1 Cabot Item (Publix Digital Coupon valid 11/5/21 – 12/7/21)
- $0.50/1 McCormick Just 5 Dips (Publix digital coupon valid 9/24/21 – 1/7/2022)
- $1/1 ParmCrisps 1.75oz Pouch Ibotta Deposit
- $2/1 ParmCrisps 3oz Tub Ibotta Deposit
- $2/1 ParmCrisps 5oz Pouch Ibotta Deposit
- $2/1 ParmCrisps Snack Mix 6oz Ibotta Deposit
IN-STORE OFFER – no coupon needed:
- $2/1 illy caffe’ (Offer valid 10/25/21-11/29/21)
- BOGO Leslie Stowe Raincoast Crisps (Offer valid 11/18/21-11-24-21)
Looking for more holiday inspiration, check out this Holiday Table Scape Video for ideas on how to fill your holiday table with delicious foods and flavor that will delight all your holiday guests.