This post is sponsored by Hatfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Bacon is one of those items that seems to wind up on my shopping list each and every week. Whether it’s for a specific recipe or just a breakfast request from my guys, it’s going in my cart just about every time I shop. And with the holiday season in full swing, there are even more reasons to add bacon to my list.
When it comes to the bacon I buy, Hatfield brand bacon is an easy choice. Hatfield is a 6th generation, Family Owned, American Made company driven by a conviction that their business isn’t just about quality pork products, but it’s about accountability to their animals, farmers, community and you! Their products are simple. Simple to cook, simple to enjoy.
The best part about that tasty Hatfield bacon for me— besides the savory taste and crispy crunch— is finding creative ways to incorporate it into my meals, especially around the holiday season. And this Bacon Gorgonzola Skillet Dip? Holy smokes, talk about a sure-fire winner. Bacon and gorgonzola share so many of the same flavor profiles, and together in this dip they’ll elevate you and your guests’ holiday snacking to a next-level experience.
It’s super simple to prepare and always impresses. That’s because the dip and dippers bake up in the same skillet. Place this out as an appetizer and you’ll be lucky to get in for a bite before it’s gobbled up. It’s so good, you might consider making a double batch!
- 11 oz package of refrigerated bread dough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + additional for coating skillet
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 slices Hatfield Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces gogonzola crumbles, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 green onions, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Brush a 12" skillet with olive oil to coat.
- Cut the refrigerated dough into 15 equal pieces and place in a ring on the outer edge of the skillet, leaving the middle open. Set aside
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a small pan with the crushed garlic and salt and heat oil to infuse with garlic flavor, then cool.
- Prepare the dip by beating the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl, until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in 4 ounces of the gorgonzola, the garlic powder, green onions and cooked Hatfield Bacon then mix to combine.
- Spoon the dip into the open center of the prepared skillet and sprinkle the remaining gorgonzola on top.
- Brush the tops of the bread with the garlic oil and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until bread is golden.
- Top with additional green onions if desired and serve.
Luckily, you can stock up and pick up delicious Hatfield Bacon at a great price. For the next two weeks, you can get your choice of a 16-oz package of Hatfield’s Applewood Smoked Classic Cut, Hardwood Smoked Thick Cut, or Apple Smoked Classic Cut Bacon for just $5.99 each when you shop your local Publix. That’s a stock-up price if ever I’ve seen one, I’d suggest loading up your cart so you have plenty for all your holiday meals and recipes.
Remember when you choose Hatfield, you get pork with a pledge.
For over 125 years, Hatfield has believed in doing the right thing, not the new thing. In this case, that means raising their animals on family farms with no added hormones or steroids for growth. It’s a product you can feel good serving to your family and friends all season long.
Take advantage of the sale as part of the Publix Extra Savings Flyer valid 11/20 to 12/3.